INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    julie~ is there a way you can build a small tractor and place it over her?[​IMG]this one only took me 2 afternoons, and it was from scrap

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    ha! Sorry. Thats what I get for trying to do too many things at once. Last week I bought my kids school supplies from the brown county ILLINOIS list rather than the Brown Co INDIANA list. I am a horrible multi-tasker ;)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  3. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Nice work! I just love scrap and extra bits. :)

4. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Crafty Chick - nifty tractor. I could use five more just like it as quickly as my little flock is growing! She sits in a corner backed up against my house. She has a stack of shingles on one side of her and a lawn mower on the other. I haven't hit the area in awhile with the weed whacker and let the vines grow up a bit. I will eye it tonight and see what I can fit over her to keep her safer. I really don't worry about dogs or foxes where she is. You can't see her. I have an umbrella over her too to keep out the evening sun and rain. But if a coon or weasel catches on she is there its over. I've never had a problem with either but it would be just my luck.

I think I will put her with some eggs in the tractor I have one more time to see if the eggs entice her to stay there. Its too big and clunky to fit it in her corner. I'd have to make something else or possibly put my dog kennel there. Not sure if she'd go for that or not.

5. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2013
    Rockville, Indiana
    OK~I keep seeing women refer to their spouses as 'DH'. I can think of several possible options for the abbreaviation DH (yikes!), but what does it really stand for?

6. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Honestly, I don't really know either. I haven't been here all that long. I THINK its Dear Husband?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  7. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

8. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2013
    Rockville, Indiana
    Didn't think it stood for anything 'fowl', as in language (hardy har har!!!), but still didn't know. Thanks for the clarification! :)

9. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    Doing sugary later today with 5 of the chickens :) better get it done now then wait and do when I cant see them everyday right?? Ill take pics of there no shoes lol

10. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Old Salt- I mixed the girls in with my little flock and they are doing fine. They are a little annoyed with my roos and I am too. I think I have a $1.50 with your name on it, are you interested? That would take my population down to one bantam and one Easter Egger roo which seems like better odds for 6 girls. I have to go over to Central Indiana Organics again this week to get some feed so I would be in your area. Just let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by