INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. pginsber

pginsber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Egads--lots of reading to catch up on.

Aretha, our 19-week old cream legbar has laid 5 eggs in her first week. We couldn't be more proud of her hard work. The eggs are still small though, so I hope they get bigger soon. Here's a picture of her first 4 eggs, with our last grocery store egg in the carton for comparison.
    [​IMG]

She's growing into being a very beautiful girl--I'll post some pictures of her when she stands still.

irtehun: Charlie's a very handsome bird. Nicely done!

toofast: Great looking coop! Looks like you've got grass growing in it--How do you keep anything green growing in it?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Yes and DW stands for Dang Wife. Oops I mean Dear Wife.

3. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Arrrrg! Two posts deleted by the stupid phone! I really should get Internet at the house!!

I had an orange tabby that must have been Siamese in another life because he was LOUD! He passed away almost two years ago but his brother is still fat and happy at 15, as long as the food bowl is full that is ;)

Jchny2000- I'm being nosy! What kind of cows are you looking for? I love cattle!! Wish I could post pics from my phone I'd show you the babies we had this spring!

So I just love wasting my time and money! I spent yesterday putting up netting so the girls didn't get out while I was gone all day today and make my neighbor mad. Got it done and locked them in, not two minutes later two of them were out! Turned out my hubby had caught the chicken wire with the weed eater after I told him not to weed eat there and there was a hole in the bottom they were going through! Patched it and everybody stayed unhappily inside the fence today woohoo!

4. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Sure. Bring them.

John

5. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Dragon Woman.

I only say this because she doesn't read my posts. Otherwise, she would burn me up with her fire breath.

John

2 people like this.
  6. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Well I think I may have success with the broody silkie. I moved her in to the tractor AGAIN with six eggs and so far she's stayed. Been a couple of hours anyway. She put all the eggs under her accept for one. I wonder why? I'll move it under her tonight when's she's sleepy. We shall see what tomorrow brings :)

7. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I read somewhere that they will push away an egg if they know something is wrong with it. That sounds like fun. Good luck!!![​IMG]

8. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

We're finally making progress on the coop addition! You can see the current coop to the right. The new wing (see what I did there? ;) ) will share that wall with the current coop and have a pop-door leading into the current coop. The structure across the foundation here is going to be the left wall on the addition. It's a little more than 4 feet tall on that side. I'll be laying welded wire fence on the ground inside and then filling it with gravel and sand to keep out diggers while giving the girls a nice dust bath house year round. We've got five windows that were on clearance at Lowes, so there will be lots of ventilation in the summer and lots of sunlight in the winter.

I'm excited now! It's progress! :D

9. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN

Which day is best for you? I kind of like Dragon Woman. It's probably cooler than what my DH calls me, lol.

Forward progress is so exciting. I'm sure your girls/boys will love it. Congratulations.

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks everyone for your nice responses about my dog. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by