INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    That's true. It could've been worse. Maybe my luck is turning now because for once I know what's wrong with a chicken. :) Thanks!

2. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

Out of curiosity, what vet did you consult for your hen? I didn't know there was one that would see chickens in Fort Wayne!

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Your welcome. It always irritates me when I go into a pen and there is something wrong with a chicken and I have absolutley not idea how it did it and what is wrong worth it. Hopefully something I told you helps!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Me either! this would be a handy peice of info to know. Ft wayne is only 45 mins away from me....if going to the speed limit so really 30 lol.

5. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

It was Allen veterinary hospital in Fort Wayne 2607444121 . They are an Avian vet. Very nice to talk to and very informative over the phone. http://www.allenvethospital.com/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thank you!

7. kabhyper1

8. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Awesome, thanks for the info! :D

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ha! I just googled avian vets to see if I could find anymore and found this one.

10. kabhyper1

I figured I would consult a vet before doing something drastic. Since they are my pets, and I only have 17 of them, all of which my neice and nephews have named, I kinda have to try anything I can to keep them healthy. I appreciate all of the advice. I just don't have chickens that are meant for meat at all nor will they ever be a meal. If they stop laying, they will still be family pets and bug control. :) Even Gus, who likes to grind on my last nerve, will stay here and live a long life.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by