INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Thank you for making the floor secure against digging predators. I was worried about that, now I feel safe. Looks great!

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Pipd- the coop looks great! Love the chick updates as well. I'm still going with my gut and saying the silkie is a pullet. I'm not seeing any of the streamers from her crest like her two hatch mates have and comb is still smaller than theirs as well.

3. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Too Fast - :lol: Yeah, we didn't paint too carefully around the foundation, so there's a lot of drops and running paint on it, but I figure the hens aren't picky about the appearance. ;) The main thing is that it's secure, which I'm pretty satisfied of, though I still want to put a skirt down around the outside just to be safe. Lots of screws and washers went into that, but less hardware cloth than I figured, so I have a whole 50' roll to play with. :D

Brad - I hope you're right! :fl I thought for sure I had a young man after the fight that s/he had with my other boy, Hika Ma, but since then Marka/Margaret has been doing things like letting the younger pullets keep him/her from the feed and running to Po boy when he chirped with a treat for the girls. :confused: This bird has left me completely thrown as far as its identity!

4. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Oh no, This is why I never leave. Nobody takes care of them like we do !!

6. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I have a question. Your neighbor mowed your pasture...was he mowing it to bale it for hay? What made him do that? Did he need hay or did he think he was helping you out?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I love Tiwhiri, she is really pretty. I hate when cockerels get mean, Hika Ma was my favorite (he is pretty).

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Exactly.when I write instructions people dont follow them. Plus nobody talks to them like I do. Call me crazy, but I like to talk to them and they make little noises back! I put that one the list as a suggestion, but no one does it lol.

10. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

a nice collection of pretty chickens pipdzip

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by