INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    If you shoot the old man's dog, make sure you do it well so it doesn't run home to die. Then take it out to the country and dump it over a secluded bridge for the coyotes and raccoons to clean up. Then, when asked, deny all knowledge.

If you can't do this, be prepared for a vendetta of unknown proportions from an old guy with time on his hands and a mind that is a half-bubble off plumb. While you are at work, or asleep, he could be up to all manner of mischief.

Might happen; might not. Just saying.

John

1 person likes this.
  2. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    John has good advice. Commit and do it all the way or don't do it. I think you are going to have to do something. If you are not the type to shoot a dog I would put up cameras and not tell anyone. Then call the police every time his dog comes on your property. Also, if he hasn't, make him pay for damaging your chicken run.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

4. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Some of you have expressed an interest in the doings of Weed Wacker Jimmy.

When I first got him about 7/9/2013:
    [​IMG]

Here's what he looks like on 8/20/2013:
    [​IMG]

He uses his right leg now, but only gingerly.

John

1 person likes this.
  5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Amazing what a month can do !!!!!

6. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Speaking as someone who resembles the remark "Old Guy", I would recommend against sticking my nose into the family/social services situation. You can end up with the whole fam damly against you. Call the government busy bodies down on him and you can make some dedicated enemies.

Call the cops, plug the dog (don't get caught), or just live with it. IMO.

John

1 person likes this.
  7. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Sexing ducks.

Some time back, someone asked about sexing ducks. Mine seem to be having fun doing it themselves. Repeatedly.
    My Indian Runner ducks are 3 1/2 months old. The males have curled tail feathers. The females do not.

Male (Drake).
    [​IMG]

Female (Duck).
    [​IMG]

Ducks having fun.
    [​IMG]

When I first got the kiddie pool, it was too high for them to get in and out. I put stepping stones around it, but they were too stupid to use them. So flipped it over and ran my circular saw around it at a 7" depth setting. Now they have no problem. Not much room in those little heads for brains.

The fawn & white duck just got gang raped by the 3 drakes in the pool.

John

8. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Oh wow! I hope you can get some girls for him and have some babies. He is Tres Beau!

9. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Hi Vicki,

I wouldn't worry about the lack of eggs. 20 weeks is not late for some breeds. My Brahma's are at 24 weeks, and nothing yet from them.

10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, so my original 4 girls are 23 and 26 weeks old. I believe my three sl/wyandottes are laying, but they are very small eggs, like the size my silkie lays (when she lays, we have had her for almost 2 months and she layed three eggs the first week and then nothing. But that is another question all together) Anyway they are small eggs. I am not getting them everyday yet either. I have 6 laying hens and I get maybe 2 or 3 eggs a day. I have 3 newer younger girls that don't lay. My large cochin hasnt layed yet as far as I know and she is 23 weeks.. Do any of you have experience with this or have had these breeds where you could explain the dynamics to me? I believe Godiva layed today and my EE Peaches. I went out at 3ish and there were two big eggs in the boxes. My younger girls do not lay eggs that big. Like I can barely close the carton big.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by