INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

A couple of months ago, I think in May, I found a skinny, stray dog at my front door. My sister and I took her in and gave her food,water, and a bath. We couldn't keep her because she showed aggression to our dog. Well of my sister's friends had lost her dog a few months ago. My sister called her and asked if she would take and she gladly said yes. When we gave her a bath we found this huge tumor on her side. We told my sister's (Deb) friend about the tumors and she still took her in. Before we took the dog to her new home we called the vet and the shelter to make sure nobody had a missing dog and nobody did. We took her to her new home and Deb had to wait a week till she could get the dog to the vet ( We named her Mazy). One week later The vet gave us the age she that she was (8 years) and found 4 more small tumors. Of course Deb was going to have the tumors removed but her age prevented that. And now currently to this day, Mazy passed away today. I'm happy she lived her last months peacefully, but I forgot to mention I figured out she used to be someone's dog. Mazy knew the command paw and more and enjoyed sleeping on my dog's bed before we took her to deb's. We think her original owner abandoned her after they found out she had cancer. It just kills me how some people can just abandon there pets, but then again I don't have full solid proof. I thought I would share this story with you guys.

Darth~ Thankfully there are good people like your family and Deb (and all of our members) because there sure are a lot of irresponsible and cruel people. Mazy was lucky to have found you.

It's late, but I want to go ahead and post these lousy photos of Adeline the Jubilee and my still unnamed English Bantam Chocolate Orpington. The lousy photos make her look blackish; she's a rich dark brown compared to Adeline's reddish brown. They're both four months old. They wanted to come in the house, so I let them in to take a few photos.

I still would like input about whether these two can integrate into my flock of five grown hens or if Bantams only hang out together or what.

I'm working on my coop page, but I'm not nearly finished yet (trying to draw general floor plans of all the rearranging we did between when the original part was built and now). I thought I'd share a couple picures taken with my good camera, though.
smile.png
The original coop and the addition, with my little feed shed to the right. (Oh, and a Frou-Frou bird standing in front.)

The addition:

The chicken door with more detail on the latch (horrible, messy painting, I know--we are far from professionals):

The carabiner is to keep anything from popping the door open in the night:

And just because, a view of the back of the chicken yard:

Looks great, Pipd. I like the foraging area with the trees. I wonder why you would say anything about the paint lol.

A couple of months ago, I think in May, I found a skinny, stray dog at my front door. My sister and I took her in and gave her food,water, and a bath. We couldn't keep her because she showed aggression to our dog. Well of my sister's friends had lost her dog a few months ago. My sister called her and asked if she would take and she gladly said yes. When we gave her a bath we found this huge tumor on her side. We told my sister's (Deb) friend about the tumors and she still took her in. Before we took the dog to her new home we called the vet and the shelter to make sure nobody had a missing dog and nobody did. We took her to her new home and Deb had to wait a week till she could get the dog to the vet ( We named her Mazy). One week later The vet gave us the age she that she was (8 years) and found 4 more small tumors. Of course Deb was going to have the tumors removed but her age prevented that. And now currently to this day, Mazy passed away today. I'm happy she lived her last months peacefully, but I forgot to mention I figured out she used to be someone's dog. Mazy knew the command paw and more and enjoyed sleeping on my dog's bed before we took her to deb's. We think her original owner abandoned her after they found out she had cancer. It just kills me how some people can just abandon there pets, but then again I don't have full solid proof. I thought I would share this story with you guys.[/quot

that awesome that tou found that dog a home. Sorry she passed away but loke you said the last gew months she liced were peaceful

It's late, but I want to go ahead and post these lousy photos of Adeline the Jubilee and my still unnamed English Bantam Chocolate Orpington. The lousy photos make her look blackish; she's a rich dark brown compared to Adeline's reddish brown. They're both four months old. They wanted to come in the house, so I let them in to take a few photos. 

Darling photos of them being spoiled while enjoy the house :D
I am first off going to suggest you call your new one.. Hershey... Or Cadbury.. Or...or...chocolate button... Haha, ok that's enough silliness from me.

Up until recently, my bantams were with my large fowl. Including my darling d'Uccle and she is tiny as far as bantams go (no larger than a Bluejay body size). As you are rooster less I don't see it being an issue. My only worry would be a rooster squishing her. She will find her own place in there and keeping her with Adeline as her buddy will help with that as she will probably stick with her when the time comes to integrating them into the flock.

I still would like input about whether these two can integrate into my flock of five grown hens or if Bantams only hang out together or what.

She's so cute!!
love.gif

Pip - coop looks fantastic, rather envious as it happens. They are going to be super secure in there and with the trees being so close it should keep it cool from the glaring sun.

Too fast - quit giving Pip grief for the painting! The chickens don't care darn it. I on the other hand.. Some of the drips are causing me a tick... Haha. Should I ever be Pips way I will pop in and straighten that up.

Darth - good for you for looking after the dog. It is not fun looking after a sick dog. My mother in law had 7dogs at one point, 5 from the same litter. She lost three of those in a really short space to cancer. Guess that breed was prone to it. All you can do is make a tough decision after seeing them loose quality of life and hope the time you have with them was fun.

Back
Top Bottom