INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    A couple of months ago, I think in May, I found a skinny, stray dog at my front door. My sister and I took her in and gave her food,water, and a bath. We couldn't keep her because she showed aggression to our dog. Well of my sister's friends had lost her dog a few months ago. My sister called her and asked if she would take and she gladly said yes. When we gave her a bath we found this huge tumor on her side. We told my sister's (Deb) friend about the tumors and she still took her in. Before we took the dog to her new home we called the vet and the shelter to make sure nobody had a missing dog and nobody did. We took her to her new home and Deb had to wait a week till she could get the dog to the vet ( We named her Mazy). One week later The vet gave us the age she that she was (8 years) and found 4 more small tumors. Of course Deb was going to have the tumors removed but her age prevented that. And now currently to this day, Mazy passed away today. I'm happy she lived her last months peacefully, but I forgot to mention I figured out she used to be someone's dog. Mazy knew the command paw and more and enjoyed sleeping on my dog's bed before we took her to deb's. We think her original owner abandoned her after they found out she had cancer. It just kills me how some people can just abandon there pets, but then again I don't have full solid proof. I thought I would share this story with you guys.

2. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Darth~ Thankfully there are good people like your family and Deb (and all of our members) because there sure are a lot of irresponsible and cruel people. Mazy was lucky to have found you.

3. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    It's late, but I want to go ahead and post these lousy photos of Adeline the Jubilee and my still unnamed English Bantam Chocolate Orpington. The lousy photos make her look blackish; she's a rich dark brown compared to Adeline's reddish brown. They're both four months old. They wanted to come in the house, so I let them in to take a few photos.

I still would like input about whether these two can integrate into my flock of five grown hens or if Bantams only hang out together or what.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Looks great, Pipd. I like the foraging area with the trees. I wonder why you would say anything about the paint lol.

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    pipd your coop looks great! Who cares if u drinbled some paint better than i could do! I dont think i have said this before but i just love frou frous coloring.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    A couple of months ago, I think in May, I found a skinny, stray dog at my front door. My sister and I took her in and gave her food,water, and a bath. We couldn't keep her because she showed aggression to our dog. Well of my sister's friends had lost her dog a few months ago. My sister called her and asked if she would take and she gladly said yes. When we gave her a bath we found this huge tumor on her side. We told my sister's (Deb) friend about the tumors and she still took her in. Before we took the dog to her new home we called the vet and the shelter to make sure nobody had a missing dog and nobody did. We took her to her new home and Deb had to wait a week till she could get the dog to the vet ( We named her Mazy). One week later The vet gave us the age she that she was (8 years) and found 4 more small tumors. Of course Deb was going to have the tumors removed but her age prevented that. And now currently to this day, Mazy passed away today. I'm happy she lived her last months peacefully, but I forgot to mention I figured out she used to be someone's dog. Mazy knew the command paw and more and enjoyed sleeping on my dog's bed before we took her to deb's. We think her original owner abandoned her after they found out she had cancer. It just kills me how some people can just abandon there pets, but then again I don't have full solid proof. I thought I would share this story with you guys.[/quot

that awesome that tou found that dog a home. Sorry she passed away but loke you said the last gew months she liced were peaceful

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    M2H- tou could name your choclate orp. CP or coca puff. I know kind of corney but i thought it was cute.

8. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Darling photos of them being spoiled while enjoy the house :D
    I am first off going to suggest you call your new one.. Hershey... Or Cadbury.. Or...or...chocolate button... Haha, ok that's enough silliness from me.

Up until recently, my bantams were with my large fowl. Including my darling d'Uccle and she is tiny as far as bantams go (no larger than a Bluejay body size). As you are rooster less I don't see it being an issue. My only worry would be a rooster squishing her. She will find her own place in there and keeping her with Adeline as her buddy will help with that as she will probably stick with her when the time comes to integrating them into the flock.

9. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    She's so cute!![​IMG]

10. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Pip - coop looks fantastic, rather envious as it happens. They are going to be super secure in there and with the trees being so close it should keep it cool from the glaring sun.

Too fast - quit giving Pip grief for the painting! The chickens don't care darn it. I on the other hand.. Some of the drips are causing me a tick... Haha. Should I ever be Pips way I will pop in and straighten that up.

Darth - good for you for looking after the dog. It is not fun looking after a sick dog. My mother in law had 7dogs at one point, 5 from the same litter. She lost three of those in a really short space to cancer. Guess that breed was prone to it. All you can do is make a tough decision after seeing them loose quality of life and hope the time you have with them was fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by