INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    [​IMG]
    This a silver duckwing that has not been dubbed
    [​IMG]
    I am not sure what color this one is but he has been dubbed (it usually looks a little smaller than this I dont think they cut enough off)

To dub them you take scissors and cut of the points, some people try to num them some dont. And I am pretty sure you cut the wattles and ear lobes too.

2. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Why? They look much prettier with all their bits. Seems a bit barbaric. Is it a throw back from when they fought them for sport?
    I think that might be a black breasted red BTW.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I dont know why they have to have dubbed to show after they are over an year old. I agree they look prettier before. I dont think it is, I would of thought when they fought them they would of let them keep the combs when they fought them. People that fight them dont make any sense anyways, but I dontknow why they would put that much work into them. I think you are right.

4. Kiniska

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Yeah, people who do that to any type of creature have something wrong in the head as far as I am concerned. I do love the way those little guys look. I told my husband they are fairy chickens. :D

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I completley agree with you. I see absoltuley no fun in hurting animals. I dont hunt. Once in a while I will fish, but I always throw them back.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    lol, how cute. Tell him thank you for letting me know :).

8. Kiniska

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Thought I would share my repurposed futon frame. The futon itself was shot. A piece of ply wood, some egg crate foam, a few metal machine screws, some outdoor furniture fabric and voilĂ . Snazzy doggie bed. $30.00 total. Now if Lucy the lab will just share.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Maybe she likes her room lol. That looks very nice. My sister is doing somethinf similar to that, but it has 2 layers and will be used in what she calls her entry room. that people can sit in.

10. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    I'm working on my coop page, but I'm not nearly finished yet (trying to draw general floor plans of all the rearranging we did between when the original part was built and now). I thought I'd share a couple picures taken with my good camera, though. :) The original coop and the addition, with my little feed shed to the right. (Oh, and a Frou-Frou bird standing in front.)

[​IMG]

The addition:

[​IMG]

The chicken door with more detail on the latch (horrible, messy painting, I know--we are far from professionals):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The carabiner is to keep anything from popping the door open in the night:

[​IMG]

And just because, a view of the back of the chicken yard:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by