INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I haven't been on for like a long time but does anyone want a 5 year old German rottweiler???? She's free she needs to go today so we can keep our home message me if you wasn't more info thanks

Is this because of insurance too?
I'm too far and I'm sure rotts are a breed that is hard on insurance rates. Are there any friends you can loan her to for a week or so, maybe she could even rotate from house to house each week. Then no one would really have to say they own her. it would take about 4-5 houses willing to share the dog. Then each house could have a specific week of the month that they got the dog.

The family talked to the old man next door. He is convinced his dog is perfect... this Guy is 80+ with possible mental health issues. They are taking turns with taking his dog out on the leash so that the old man doesn't just let him loose. Dozer (my Pitbull) is fine. I ended up with scratched up legs but that was it. I hate seeing a dog chained up but chained is better than letting it terrorize a whole town!
And still no eggs from my chickens!!

Here are our kiddos post hawk. They seem to be fine.
Dirty Godiva and Gus

Our heros with their girls

Snickers the Minorca and the red twins.

:)

The other protectors

Watching over the chickies from a distance.

Nice sunny day for the little guys

The little ones

The hero Blueberry
My pretty little comb-over sporting Peaches
Wow, those are great pics and I love how tidy their area is. I wish we had more grass instead of weeds in the chicken yard, but one thing at a time.
Just wanted to introduce myself! New Hoosier Chicken hobbiest. I am partnering with a friend in our new chicken enterprise. My farm is in between Lebanon and Sheridan Indiana, north of Indy. We were just given four hens and a small chicken tractor (currently dubbed Chateau Duct Tape :) We are in the process of building a new, sturdy coop (as my nice crafty neighbor has time to help). Once the coop is ready we will want to add a couple hens to our small flock. Our free hens seem to be old and crusty and aren't producing much :)

I also have four horses and four dogs on my four acre slice of heaven.
Welcome and good luck with your coop!

Here are my chicks at two weeks old. Surprisingly, they aren't causing as much trouble as my past experiences with chicks at this age. Pictures may be blurry.

Blue wheaten ameraucana/barred rock mix ( I'm thinking rooster )

Blue ameraucana (I think this one is a pullet)

I think this one is a Splash ameraucana. I can't tell, but the color seems to light to be blue(I also think this one is a rooster)

There is another chick, but that's the one with scissor beak and the injured foot. I didn't want to move it. But it's a black ameraucana and I think it's a female. My dad and I are betting (in a way) on how many males and females and which ones are males or females. I feel pretty confidant :)

Just wanted to introduce myself! New Hoosier Chicken hobbiest. I am partnering with a friend in our new chicken enterprise. My farm is in between Lebanon and Sheridan Indiana, north of Indy. We were just given four hens and a small chicken tractor (currently dubbed Chateau Duct Tape :) We are in the process of building a new, sturdy coop (as my nice crafty neighbor has time to help). Once the coop is ready we will want to add a couple hens to our small flock. Our free hens seem to be old and crusty and aren't producing much :)

I also have four horses and four dogs on my four acre slice of heaven.
Welcome to the fastest thread on byc!! LOL We have family in Sheridan. It's a nice little town. :)

Here are our kiddos post hawk. They seem to be fine.
Dirty Godiva and Gus

Our heros with their girls

Snickers the Minorca and the red twins.

:)

The other protectors

Watching over the chickies from a distance.

Nice sunny day for the little guys

The little ones

The hero Blueberry
My pretty little comb-over sporting Peaches
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. Your set-up looks really great!
thumbsup.gif

Looks like a girly girl to me!

I agree. Im not sure on the age, but my roo has a giant comb at 7 months. At four months he had a pretty good bump there. Also his hackle fluff looked different from my pullets/

Ooooh, I hope you all are right! :fl Margaret is somewhere around 16-19 weeks old now, if I'm counting right. I do wonder why she decided to beat up one of the cockerels and then has since been so mild and mellow, though. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom