INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    We are going to do the Chicken garage sale again this Saturday, So if you are doing anything come on out and visit.

Chicken/Waterfowl GARAGE SALE:
    Here is some of what will be in the sale this Saturday 8am-5pm
    Turkey
    Rabbits (broken mini rex and meat crosses
    Sebastopol Geese
    Mini Nubian Buckling
    Pigeons
    Silkies-white, black, blue, paint and partridge
    Bantam Dark Cornish
    Frizzled showgirls
    sizzled silkies
    LF cochins
    Muscovy
    Cayuga
    call ducks
    Modern game bantam
    poultry shipping boxes
    even some clothes name brand baby to adult.
    Sales are cash only- no checks
    north of 40 , south of Greencastle, on Manhatten rd (445 W)
    There will be a sign on 40 and one at the end of my drive
    between Reelsville, and putnamville

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I wish I could come and buy some chickens, but I need to save my money for coop improvements and such :(. I hope you sell a bunch!(thank goodness you didnt list RCBL, ameraucanas,OEGB, or bantam cochins or I might of broke down and said coop inprovements can wait lol)

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I do have ameraucanas, but mine are bantams, and my cochin are LF, We have OEGB's but not for sale, so you are safe !![​IMG]
    Of course people are welcome to just come visit !!!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok lol. I dont really know what I am doiing this weekend, will have to see. Speaking OEGB, I about had a heart attack an hour ago. I was feeding. And I get this layer mix that is really powdery. I like it because ifis really grinded up but I was thinking about not getting it anymore. I am definatley not getting it anymore after what happened tonight. My chickens always seem to think they need to eat as fast as possible even though they always have food avilable, they are dorks. Anyway I gave the OEGBs more food and of course they pig out. Then some of the feed got caught up in my favorite pullets throat. She was gagging and could barley breath. I tried making her drink. And then tried and eye dropper which helped a little. I could feel a lump in her throat. I was rumbing her throat. It was really helpine so I had to pry her mouth open and have some one try and grab the feed out of her throat. With a tooth pick we finally got it. It took like 10mins. I really didnt think she was going to make she shut her eyes a few times when I was trying to get the food out of her throat.

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Wow you are lucky you were there, I lost one to that, at least I think, it was dead and its mouth was plugged full of feed.

What color of oegb do you have, we have blue wheaton. We lost our old roo this winter, and have been waiting for a young one to start fertilizing the eggs of course as soon as I shut the incubator off , NOW they re fertile, so I'm just putting them under broodys.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ya, It was right after I feed them. I ran to the house with her and took her in the kitchen.If its mouth was full of feed that is what I would of thought it was. I have Silver Duckwing. I want to get some brown brested red. I have 4 pullets and 1 cockerel. I am going to show them at lebanon. I am only going to show the cockerel once and then wont show him anymore. I am not going to dubb him. I have a hard time getting broodys to stay commited, good thing I dont give them eggs right away.

7. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    We always show hens as we don't agree with the dubbing either. I use my bantam ameraucanas as broodys, they are really good at it. We will see you at Lebanon , we always show there also. You going to the spencer show?? We'll be there

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm not going to the spencer show sadly. ya, i dont agree with dubbing. You can show the cockerels without dubbing them, just not the roosters. I dont see why people dub them, they have toi to show, but why do they make it so you have to? Why alter them in anyway? Just like docking dogs tails, I just think it is unessiscary. None of my ameraucana have went broody yet.

9. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    What is dubbing and why would you do it? I want some oegbb reds as pets. I think they are too cute.

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    It is basically where they cut all the points off the comb and make it rounded. If you want to show any male OEGB over a year old they have to be dubbed. IMO it is cruel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by