INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Thank you and you are welcome to borrow the stencil if you like. I have one other with roosters but its not up yet. I got sidetracked by the house. I'll get back to the coop when my DH finishes my run.

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  3. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I know a family with some odd chickens.... They have a mottled Japanese Bantam pair. The hen went broody and they let her hatch 6 eggs. The rooster helped her hatch the chicks AND still warms them on cold rainy days with the hen. The chicks are now 2 months...hen has went broody again bit still won't give up the 2 month olds! AND the rooster is helping hatch again!! Has anyone ever heard of this happening!??!

4. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Brad- the nutriena link showed the info. Not sure how it actually helps with mites though. At first I thought it would be like the heart worm pill for dogs but it reads to me Ike its just a hyped up feed. I could be wrong!!!

5. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN

I'd like to know what it is too. The feed is from Cargill, so I don't hold out a lot of hope that it has been truly tested as to what the feed transfers into the egg.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have heard of this before. really good determined mothers wont want to give them up and will be very protectiive of them. And I have heard of roosters who will help raise and "babysit" the chicks. I wish I had a pair like this. My hens arent going broody and I dont know if my roosters are like that, becuase they have never been around chicks.

7. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wow, I love that cabin!! Coop is nice too.

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Mine get leftover instant oatmeal every so often. just the original flavor. no real impact good or bad. They still eat the same amount of their feed too on those days. That said too much of almost anything is rarely is a good thing. I have read about too many oats causing horses and cows issues.

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I dont see how this would help with mites. And when I clicked on the second link I couldnt find a price. Nutrena expensive anyways so I know I wont buy it lol.

10. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by