INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Hope to see some of your tomorrow at the chicken garage sale. Birds will be below normal asking prices, a lot are half price.

2. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    We hope to see you too! My DH is out of town, so I'm wondering if he will notice if we bring any home...that's just wrong!!! [​IMG]

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Mine has no idea what I have, doesn't really care, so we just get whatever we want. AND that is the problem we WANT to much.[​IMG]

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    If you want some hatchery red sex linked girls, I have about 10-12 that are 6.5 weeks old. I have them listed on CL for a nice high price since they are starting to really eat food, and since CL people tend to want to talk down the price. I'll make you a great deal, if you are interested just send me a message. I also have 3 or 4 Partridge rocks that are the same 6.5 weeks old.
    I also have 4 production RIR hens that are just under a year old, if you are looking for adult chickens.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I would come but I know I would buy. your birds all look so wonderful.

Multi Quote did not work well for me today. Sorry about the double post.

6. FarkerFarms

FarkerFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana
    I may also be interested. I am hoping to get my bigger coop done this weekend and since the ladies aren't laying anyway it might be a good time to add a couple more hens (the adults would interest me more than the younguns). Can you PM me a price and a phone number? Thanks!

7. ShawnaScott

ShawnaScott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2013
    Frankfort, IN
    OMG, chicken sale! I will have to go! Thanks!
    Thank you! But (on hatching the eggs) I would not be able to part with the roos, or eat them. I just get too attached, and then I wind up with a flock that is half roos.
    I am definitely interested in more EE, I have two and they are gorgeous!
    I know this has been asked before, but quails and chickens can or cannot be mixed? I am thinking that quails can but turkey's can't...? Is that right?

8. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    I want to thank everybody for their support! Being a newb has it's downfalls sometimes...like being able to tell whether or not ur girls are molting or not. I'm glad i'm not the only one who has seen decreased egg production.
    **update-- i did an overhaul on my coop today and noticed quite a few feathers everywhere which gives me hope that they have gone in to early molting. Picked up all 3 of my girls to make sure they had no "lumps" as someone suggested i do to check for egg binding. I am happy to report that I found no lumps!!!! lol i also checked them to make sure they didn't have any parasites crawling on them and their feet are nice and yellow and healthy!! I love these girls and just want to really good care of them! so thanks for your advice friends!!

9. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Thanks. Good luck with the hatch! What kind of eggs are they?

Haha. Alright, if I get any extra hens ill let you know. I have not see that cross before. Sounds interesting!

I recently saw a pos on here for heritage barred rocks and too fell in love with them. They look so different to the hatchery birds. I'm tempted by this auction but the last thing I need is to get a new breed!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161090813451?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

You really can't free range quail, but I don't see what the issue housing them together. I honestly don't know. Turkeys and chickens can be housed together as long as you don't have blackhead disease on your property. At least that was my understanding.

10. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture from today, 17-19 weeks old. Any new thoughts on my little 'Margaret Until Proven Otherwise'? :fl

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by