INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    Brad buff orpingtons. i got a young roo from a friend a few days ago. going to give him the two BO hens that are on the lowest pecking order. that leaves the 3 older ladies for my other roo.

2. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Kabhyper, What a difference a few weeks makes--from cute to pretty and handsome!

Pip, I'm sorry to hear that your hen isn't doing well. I've lost a couple of hens to internal eggs (plus two cockatiels!); it's heartbreaking to see them go down.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Candling tonite after the household goes to bed LOL! can't wait to see how its going!
    I am going thru a similar problem, all the hens I have, and only 2-3 are laying. almost everyone I talk to is having the same problem with adult hens. I really think it was the cold spell we had threw them off.

4. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I dont think i would mix quail with turkey, but really depends on the the birds temerment. It would have to be very small gauge wire to keep them in. Mine sure can fly! One of my A&M popped out of the top of the cage, and flew a few hundred feet! Glad they tire fast, I finally caught the lil bugger. It would have to be very well enclosed. Quail do much better on wire tho. they do love to dustbathe a lot!
    bradselig posted:
    I recently saw a pos on here for heritage barred rocks and too fell in love with them. They look so different to the hatchery birds. I'm tempted by this auction but the last thing I need is to get a new breed!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161090813451?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

WOW! They are very impressive, I saved the seller. Mabel looks nothing like that! (Sorry Mabel!)

I really believe its Margaret, without a doubt! My late march roo has a very noticeable peacomb.

5. MillerBirds

MillerBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Indiana
    Had a DELIGHTFUL time at the Veedersburg Sale Barn tonight. Bought some amazing birds (aka spent too much money), and now need to quickly find a second coop.
    Obviously not sure yet if they will all become permanent members of the family, but everyone gets a good first chance.

Shawna, I am just getting caught up reading. First of all Congratulations! Second, I am going to PM you about the birds I have since we are so close.

Anyone familiar with Call Ducks? I brought 4 adorable ones home tonight...need another drake or two. :)

6. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Brad the silkies are so handsome, love the colors.
    [​IMG] Precious babies! Its very hard losing a chick. Sometimes they just fail to thrive.

I am so sorry pipd [​IMG]

7. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Mine counts when he helps me put them to bed at night because he knows I will ask if they were all there.
    I'm really sorry Pipd.
    Yes, there would probably be eye rolling here too, but it would be combined with who are you getting rid of???? And thank you for the goat info. My kids asked me again this morning when I told them we were going to the chicken garage sale if we could get a goat, lol. NOT YET

8. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    She was gone by this morning. Rest in peace, Natalie.

[​IMG]

May 11, 2011 - August 24, 2013

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  9. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    What a pretty girl she was. I am sorry for your loss.

10. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN
    Quote:Sorry to hear that you lost her. I lost my favorite BR awhile back as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by