INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    still looks like a girly girl to me!

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Pipd, here are pictures of two partridge silkie Roos that are the exact same age as her. Notice how both already have the trailing feathers from crest and much larger combs than her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    if anyone is interested in making their own tiny incubator, I have small coolers I'm wanting to give away.

4. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote: That is a girl. This is Booker at 5 months. All boy. Ashes, the blue pullet next to him is the same age.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

:thumbsup Thank you, I feel pretty confident that Margaret Until Proven Otherwise is really a Margaret. One of the three people that said cockerel before is now saying pullet, so I have something like 13 or 14 votes for pullet now vs. 2 cockerel votes. :D Don't mind me, I am a yearly sufferer of 'Rooster Paranoia'.

Your boys are so handsome! Is the first one blue partridge? :love

6. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Your boy's handsome, too, kabhyper! Yes, I'm feeling much more confident now! :D

Margie's my first Silkie and I've got to say, even though she's a little human shy, she is just darling and so calm! My grandma, who raised chickens when my dad was growing up, had never even heard of a Silkie before--you should have seen how excited she was to see the 'fur chicken', as she put it! :lol:

7. kabhyper1

Ashes was very skittish when we got her at 4 months old.. Now we can scoop her up and she sits like a tiny statue. It doesn't take long to make friends with a silkie. Booker has always been friendly, but bantam roosters are completely oblivious to their size, so they are friends with anything that moves until they decide to attack it. I find them very funny. Our bantam cochin Oliver (the little guy in my avatar) sounds like a chimp when he finds food for his 2 LF EE x Leghorn huge hens. His crow sounds like a broken whistle. He is the size of a little bunny, but will not hesitate to peck your toes. We should have named him Napoleon.

8. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Well, I got my hens in for the night and I have some pretty somber news. If anyone remembers, about a month ago I mentioned that it looked like one of my hens was internally laying. She was, and she went downhill very suddenly today. She seems to be dying now. Poor thing, there wasn't a thing I could do for her. :(

9. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    thanks! I believe it's a blue partridge but not 100% sure.
    Beautiful silkies!

10. kabhyper1

Going through my pics on here since March, I found some cute ones of my kiddos when they were little.............
    [​IMG] Oliver

[​IMG] Jules

[​IMG] Gus

[​IMG] Gus

[​IMG] Lavender

[​IMG] Lavender, Blueberry, Pebbles and Pearl

[​IMG] Same, a little older.

[​IMG] My pretty Blueberry, and Lavender (cochins)

[​IMG] Same two as little guys

[​IMG] Watching tv with my peeps

[​IMG] Nuggets (Gus on left, Jules on right) Oliver far left. Cluck acres has the rest. Aside of the little white one. He passed away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by