INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I think the thread is worming with valbazen but i recall it being used for mites also. Dawg53 didnt start the thread but mentions several good points comparing to other products. (I have read so many threads I may be wrong)

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Your local 4-H grounds may have suggestions. At the wells county 4h fair we got new fans in the poultry/rabbit barn.

3. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom True BYC Addict

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    My coop is so small that they have to be window sized rather than the huge exhaust fans. It is possible that they just don't make small ones. I could use a household one, but their motors just aren't made for all that dust.

4. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    What a good momma [​IMG]

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I wasnt meaning you should get one of the huge ones. One of those would probably be too big for my barn! I was thinking maybe you local 4-h could tell you were they got their fans from (assumed the company would have differnt sizes) or give you any other leads they might have.

6. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom True BYC Addict

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Good idea! I should always think of the local 4H but I forget that they are a good resource. (I guess it's because I didn't do 4H when I was a kid.)

I think I'll try that :D

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    So I ordered these double cup waterers. I am going to use one side for food and one side of water instead of both sides for water. I am going to put them in a hanging cages I have. Since the feed bowls attached are not very deep and can not hold water. I got them from this wesite called petstore.com (how original right). They said it would be delievered withing 24-48 hrs after being shipped out. At the lastest my package should of arrive at 11:00 am friday. I still dont have my package. The tracking link didnt work before, but did an hour ago so I looked at it. It said that the package was still in transit and aslo said that it had already been delivered to my house at 8:34 pm. UPS doesnt even ship that late. But I went outside all excited anyways thiniking it might actually by there at 9:15 pm. NOt on my porch, not in my mail box, not in my yrd, no where to be found. If it isnt here tomorrow when I get home I am emailing the store I bought it from.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    O and did anybody see that horse trailer made into a coop. I loved it! But I am not lucky enough to find a horse trailer cheap.

9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I bought a $10 fan from Wal-Mart and drilled a couple of holes through the case so I could screw it to the coop door with long drywall screws. Every so often, I scrub off the dust with a broom. It has been going all summer. If it breaks, I'll blow another 10 bucks for another one.

[​IMG]

I built the door out of scrap lumber I had collected over the years. Note the number of drywall screws I used to assemble the door. There are an equal number on the other side. The parts are glued also. I could take out all the screws and the door would still be solid. The screws just held it together until the glue dried. Talk about overkill! Maybe I should remove the screws. I'm running low on screws. Additionally, the door would probably weigh 4 or 5 pounds less. [​IMG]

John

1 person likes this.
  10. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    For about $1000, you can buy a worn-out trailer from a trucking company. They are water-proof, 53 ft x 9 ft x 10 ft. One of them would hold a hellova lot of chickens. Wooden floor and aluminum walls. If your neighbors don't already hate you, this might cure that.

John

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by