INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I've been using this brand of fan in the coop for over a year now and going strong. I actually have 3 of them in different sizes. All work great.
    http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18201726

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    I just use box fans.$15. You could hang it any number of ways and mine have 3 settings. And like John said just broom or brush off. 2 of mine even get wet and are still working fine.

I got my baby guinnies tonight. So tiny and cute. I'll get pics tomorrow. And I also got a RIR pullet, 3 Cochin pullets( maybe Banty ). The little Cochins are real sweet!

3. Chicken613

Chicken613 New Egg

Aug 26, 2013
    Hello,

I am new to this forum. I don't actually own chickens but I am looking to purchase in approx 3 weeks somewhere between 50 and a hundred white cornish hens (boilers) which are around 42 days old. Do any of you have something like that?

Thank you

4. HouseKat

HouseKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    50-100 chickens...and you're a newbie?

:hmm

5. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Prepare to be astounded and amazed. First egg. Born 8/26/2013. Weight 43.01 grams. Length 1.983 inches. Width 1.537 inches.

Grade A Large store egg.
    [​IMG]

Matilda's first egg.
    [​IMG]

Matilda is the name I'm assigning to whichever hen laid it. Age 20 weeks, 3 days (the hen, not the egg).

Now all I need is 4 more and I can have breakfast.

John

6. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

7. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure if you can see it, but we use the one that actually goes in the window.
    [​IMG]

8. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Hehe! Congrats!!!!!

[​IMG] and our thread! [​IMG] I have raised cornish cross twice, they are not like a "normal" chicken. Feed hounds, will lay on the food dish and eat...and eat... Ask away any questions you have! We are a chatty group [​IMG]
    Oh you have to post pics! I love the little guineas!

9. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Yep. That's what I've read over and over about the heat and cold. Some from upper New York said even in negative double digits (Faranheight, just for you John) they don't insulate the coop. Only keep the water from freezing.

And quit advertising, silly. I've had one of my posts ''edited by staff'' with no notice whatsoever. What were you selling?? Isn't John advertising in the post below?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    These are nice, small and convient, I agree. However, I prefer the triple beams. Never need batteries with those. Not nearly as portable, but then again, with no electronics, no batteries to replace and you don't have to worry about them reporting to the guvmint what you are doing, like all electronic devices do, or how many eggs you've weighed lately.

Seriously! If you don't believe me, then just ask one of my co-workers from years ago. You know those big green relay boxes near stop lights? They are really scanners to check your wallets/purses for credit cards/money you have. There is a chip in your driver's license to identify you. I could go on and on with these theories, but I just bring them up in jest. But I think John really believes these things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by