1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    John, Contratulations on your egg! I'm curious about why you weigh them though. If you don't sell the eggs, does it matter or is it just for fun?
    What a nice view. That fan looks like a good idea. I was just thinking last night that even with the windows completely open, its still stuffy in the coop.
    MMMM, then I'd only have to check one page [​IMG]. If I had to choose, I'd rather hear about chickens and such.

2. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Could you post a photo or a link of what this is? I'd like to see it :D

3. Leahs Mom

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    PS: Thanks to everyone that had feedback on the fans for me!

4. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    How else could I give a proper birth announcement? It always contains weight and length. I had to use a vernier caliper for length so I could get it accurate to the one thousandth of an inch. I assume you all wanted proper accuracy.

I forgot to give the name. It is Egbert Friedman Cackle.

John

1 person likes this.
  5. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    I appreciate your thoughtfulness and attention to detail. I can't wait to see future pictures of Egbert scrambled!

6. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    When was the last time you heard about a fan shorting out and burning down a house? If you are concerned about it, ask your fire department if this sort of thing happens. If so, spend the money to get an enclosed motor fan. If not, save yourself the money. I've been around fans for 68 years and never heard of such a thing. Of course, I wasn't paying all that much attention for the first 10 years or so.

John

7. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Fried, not scrambled. Note the middle name. (Egbert Friedman Cackle)

John

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  8. Leahs Mom

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

9. Leahs Mom

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, it's just the kind that you can extend the sides on that does directly into the window/ frame. It works wonders. I actually have it blowing in most of the time. It helps with flies, and keeps them cooler at night. If my windows look strange, it's because I tinted them with window film from the walmart automotive section to keep it cooler when the sun is beating in. I'll likely take it off in the winter. I'll go out and get a better pic of the fan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by