INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    And ... wonder if I could find some of these !

2. Leahs Mom

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

3. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    You can get hem from lowes. On their website, search "wind turbine".

4. Leahs Mom

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks, brad!

5. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Ok hatch experts, I have a question. You probably saw my earlier post about my chicks. I had two hatch. One yesterday afternoon and one in the middle of the night. This morning I found one that had pipped early yesterday. The shell was cracked in the middle exposing membrane that had dried. It was dry and leathery. There was absolutely no movement. I chipped at the shell and still no movement. I removed part of the shell exposing its behind and the yolk had been completely absorbed. I put it back for about an hour and then checked it again before i left for work. Still no movement but it had bled a bit. I went ahead and took it out and removed the rest of the shell. At this point it looked dead. Eyes shut limp and lifeless. The head and beak had been completely encased by shell before I removed it. So, I am thinking I probably should have left it alone and let the momma hen take care of it?? but my thought was if it was dead it could contaminate the eggs and baby chicks left in the nest. It had appeared to me it had died mid hatch but I have no experience with this. Its my first time. Any thoughts? Just don't want to make the same mistake twice.

6. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Np, between knowing what's available at lowes and finding deals on clearance, I guess those are two good things about working there! It just gets old when someone wants me to price out a "standard" kitchen for them when they don't have measurements.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  7. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Phew I finally have a minute to myself! This week has been crazy and it's only tues!!! Last Friday I surprised my hubby for his birthday; packed the kids and everything up and we went camping for the weekend. Got home Sunday and found out my SIL had been having contractions all weekend so I got a call early Monday morning that I needed to get my niece at some point. I threw my 2 kiddos in the truck to make a trip to Laffy to get my bottle babies I had planned to pick up. Got home, got the calves settled and threw everyone back in the car to go to Indy to get my niece and meet my nephew! Wrangled three kids to bed finally and then hit the ground running again this morning! My poor chickies must feel neglected!

Oh and it's stunking HOT outside just in case anyone was wondering! :)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to post pics from my phone? Ill share my new babies with everyone!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  8. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Congrat on the new nephew !!! Yes it IS HOT !! [​IMG]

9. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Browncow - I had to download the app Tapatalk to add pics from my phone. Congrats! :)

10. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    [​IMG] busy mom trying to raise these two plus hatch the rogue eggs this rookie allowed to make it to the nest. Can she do it all? Is she the real wonder woman super mom? ;)

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by