INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    That's quite the collection of birds! Do your turkeys fly out of the fenced area? Where do they roost at night? Just curious what they do & need for fencing/shelter because, of course, turkeys are on the list of birds to try raising!

2. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    Hey, John -- you seem to have lots of clever ideas [​IMG] What do you use for a waterer for your ducks? We're using a poultry waterer, but of course as soon as the ducks start using it after it's cleaned the water is dirty again. What do the rest of you with ducks do for their water? And if any of you have a duck coop we'd love to see pics. We're still trying to figure out what kind of permanent housing to do for them. Right now they're still in a barn stall and they really need something different that is permanently outside -- not just going outside for field trips to the kiddie swimming pools. Just not sure what to do given their issues of being messier than chickens, lots of water/splashing to deal with, whether to use solid flooring vs. hardware cloth for flooring, etc, etc......

3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Racin- great pics!! The babies sure have grown since we saw them.

Goodb- welcome. Lots to read and see here!! You have a great mix of birds. And we love pics!!;)

So I had an email from DH this morning when I got up. He's seen Ana article online about Greenfire Farms. They are selling an Asian chicken for &2500 and a pair for $5000. Now he knows I'm not the only chicken crazy one out there!!

4. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Anyone going to the White River poultry show at spencer Fair Grounds Saturday ??

5. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Well I can't show pics because its just a drawing right now, but on our project list is a duck house fashioned after the hobbit hole chicken coops. I'll post pics when we get there. We planned on using solid flooring with wood shavings. Right now they are in a dog crate at night and they don't seem to keep it too messy as long as I let them out early enough so I think the solid flooring will be ok. I was going to use garden fencing to make a little pen, but for the most part my ducks run around the yard. We have our little duck (baby) pool in the back yard under some trees.

6. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Is this in Southern Indiana? Looks like it might be close to me. Are you going? I am trying to figure out exactly where it is though and the net is being less than helpful. Any links?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  7. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Little Ameraucana Mom [​IMG]

Anyone going to the White River poultry show at spencer Fair Grounds Saturday ??
    Yes we will be in there, My daughter shows in the Jr. Show..
    http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/White_River_Poultry_Club_Show.html

8. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Silkie egg pipped this morning. Fortunately I'm working today so there is no chance I can screw anything up lol. Hopefully I have a tiny cute and fuzzy by tonight!

1 person likes this.
  9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Yeh !!! Silkie chicks are so cute !![​IMG]

10. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by