INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Yup, I just ran it through the handy-dandy Chicken Calculator and silver Sebright over recessive white produces 100% black split to recessive white offspring. :) Such a cutie, congrats!

2 people like this.
  2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    I was hoping for a pure silkie but kind of hard to be disappointed with this adorable little thing. :). And thanks! That calculator is handy!

3. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Looking forward to chatting with you again, Sally--and to getting some more silkies!

4. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for all of the snack ideas for the chickies everyone! So any thoughts on mineral blocks? We feed Dumor Sheep and Goat minerals to our alpacas, and the chickens found them. They now go into the barn once a day to eat the mineral block. Here are the ingredients...
    Wheat Middlings, Corn Gluten Feed, Corn Gluten Feed, Cottonseed meal, Wheat Flour, Salt, Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Corn Distillers Dried Grains, Bentonite, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate,Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Sodium Molybdate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Ferrous Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.
    Guaranteed Analysis:
    CrudeProtein (min.) 18.00%, CrudeFat (min.) 2.00%, CrudeFiber (max.) 8.00%, Calcium(Ca) (min.) 3.30%, Calcium(Ca) (max.) 3.80%, Phosphorus(P) (min.) 1.00%, Salt(NaCl) (min.) 10.00%, Salt(NaCl) (max.) 12.00%, Sodium(Na) (min.) 4.50%, Sodium(Na) (max.) 5.50%, Iodine(I) (min.) 10.00ppm, Selenium(Se) (min.) 1.00ppm, Selenium(Se) (max.) 1.10ppm, Zinc(Zn) (min.) 170.00ppm, VitaminA (min.) 20,000IU/lb, VitaminD-3 (min.) 1,000IU/lb, Ruminant meat and bone meal free.

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

6. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I've officially gone crazy and won the lavender cuckoo Cochin bantam eggs. Now I need o find some lavender Cochin bantams to breed them to to diversify the lines. But then again, think I will be waiting to see if they actually hatch! Lol

7. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    [​IMG] I think you can now officially join the hatchaholic club

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    congrats on winning.

9. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Here, Sally: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html You can input the different loci for your birds, or click on 'Help, pick color from list' to select specific colors and bring them back to the calculator with 'To Chicken Calculator'. There's all sorts of other things on there, too! Have fun! :D I have since I found it. Now I've got all sorts of projects in mind... :lol:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    And I took some pictures today, mainly of my little girls and Margie. :D Nothing makes ya feel better than time with the girls.

Rangi the Ancona, of course, who was practically standing on my head while I took Po's picture. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

What a girl. :love

[​IMG]

Huka the Silver Lakenvelder, who apparently did not want her picture taken:

[​IMG]

Ihi the Golden Campine--she looks like a relative of racinchickens' Hamburg! :love

[​IMG]

Roha the Exchequer Leghorn:

[​IMG]

Whiri the Light Brown Leghorn--she is so, so pretty! :love

[​IMG]

Marama the Egyptian Fayoumi, having a rest:

[​IMG]

Po boy the black Cochin bantam:

[​IMG]

Here's Roha again. :rolleyes: She's always sticking her face in the camera.

[​IMG]

And Whiri hiding her face while Frou-Frou, my beloved splash Marans, tries to get in on her dust bath. :lol:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by