INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Here's Margaret Until Proven Otherwise, who is just so happy to be outside again! :)

[​IMG]

I just love Margie's eyes. :love

[​IMG]

Glam shot!

[​IMG]

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I love the last picture!(in the first set you posted)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    What a gorgeous group you have !!

4. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I love the black! I'm hoping to hatch some black flowered Swedish Flower Hens this time. Have 5 eggs that came from a gal that has predominantly black SFH so I'm hoping! [​IMG]They look a lot like this girl in coloring.

Broody is setting and due to hatch over the weekend

5. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Oh, best of luck, Leahs Mom! :fl I didn't know Swedish Flower Hens came in so many different colorations! (Was it you that posted a bird that looked just like my Rangi a while back, and then we were comparing pictures?)

6. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I don't think it was me...but I have been know to have occasional senior moments [​IMG]

7. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    :lol: Not to worry, I didn't remember, either! I did a quick search and it looks like it was a member that isn't active here anymore (or maybe they're still active and have just been drowned out by all the other posts. :lol: Who knows):

8. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

You guys have such pretty birds!!!

Since you are all so knowledgeable about genetics and such, could someone tell me what color my Peaches is?
    She is an EE. She lays peach colored eggs. Her head isn't dirty. It's actually gray.
    [​IMG]

9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Here's hoping he sends an extra 6 eggs and you get 2 roos and 10 pullets. I will be very interested to see how it turns out. Gorgeous birds.

John

10. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Hi. Yes, you are correct. They are blue egg layers. They get that and their crests from a chilean bird in their ancestry. The party line is that they can tend to flighty, are not broody, and are somewhat like leghorns. I also follow the thread on cream legbars on here. I've seen plenty of reports of friendly, active birds. And also quite a few reports on broodiness. And most people are quite happy with the egg size and amount of eggs they lay. The one's I took pics of are about 8 weeks old, and they are my oldest, so I can't speak from too much experience myself. They are a relatively new introduction to the US imported from the UK. Look on the Greenfire Farms site if you want to get some info on them. As far as color goes, they are cream colored, but there are also some barring and red genes floating around in there too, currently there are a lot of gold colored birds as well, but they don't meet the standard, and people are actively trying to breed that out of them. Ideally, they are cream, lay lots of large blue eggs and have a medium sized comb and crest. I really like their look and can't wait to start my breeding program with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by