INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Happy birthday!! I'll be in your area this weekend:) Time to visit the in laws!
    Edited- that was to Kiniska.
    I replied to your post but it didn't work :-/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Thanks Em! Enjoy your visit. We will be out and about visiting family too.

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

4. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Ok everyone, I have been cleaning up the Indiana BYC'ers Member list. I separated color/variety from breed. This was you can select "Wyandotte" from the drop down menu and it will bring up ALL the Wyandottes regardless of color. Then if you wanted to minimize your search even more, then you can select what color/variety you want to see. I have also eliminated all the different spelling variations and abbreviations to simplify the search. I am not familiar with Peafowl as far as what are breeds and varieties, but I think I will be listing them all under "peacock" for breed and then their variety (such as pied, black shoulder, india, etc) under variety.

If I can ask all of you to go double check your name and information, and let me know of any changes, discrepancies, misspellings, etc I would greatly appreciate it. ESPECIALLY CHECK YOUR CITY IF YOU WANT IT POSTED! Some of them got messed up when adding new names to the list. Please PM me with any changes that need to be done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dC1LT3NiWkd0eGVkdnJHRm9Gcy1GNGc&rm=full#gid=0

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

So update on the little mourning dove, he was still under hostas today, and there are doves everywhere in my yard today flying around. I hope some of them are his parents. I eye dropper fed him some water and moved him back out to where his parents could see him. He seems weak and hungry. Could I mash up chick starter with warm water, just to get him some food? I'm watching to see if his parents come back down, from a distance, but the anticipation is killing me. He is very wobbly.

6. Birdylady3

Birdylady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know why people have to steal things, I guess the government didn't give them enough. At lease the po-po came in to look. When mine got broking into, only 1 showed up and never got out of his car and just said to us when we got in ear-shot of the car and i quote "we're just report takers now" [​IMG] I can't wait until I can get out to the country.

7. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Quote:Thanks Brad for making this update. It is great for finding birds. It also reminded me how sadly out of date my breed list was.....

8. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

The little dove died. His momma was standing next to him calling, but he wasn't moving. I walked out and it had fluid coming out of its beak. I think he was just too weak. His momma is still out there next to him. It breaks my heart. [​IMG]

9. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

10. Birdylady3

Birdylady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh and for those in the city limts of indy, might want to put up signs stating you have chickens loose on the property. We had 2 cops with a k-9 looking for someone and was going to go through our yard WITH the dog and our chickens were loose in the backyard.[​IMG]The neighbor seen this and told them the chickens were loose and all they said was and I quote the neighbor"Well, he's not trained for chickens" and left. Talk about a heart attack.[​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by