INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Pbird- I'm so sorry. Try not to beat yourself up too much. We'd make a great pair right now-- better stay away from each other!! DH wouldn't know what to do!!!

2. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    I guess they couldn't wait until winter lol. You know how chickens are. We have some sugar baby watermelons growing in various places where the chickens roam, I hope they don't develop a taste for them. It might make my son Kyle mad if they eat some, he's been watching those melons grow all season, they are his favorite thing from the veggie garden.
    Great pictures, pip'd. Straight on shots are a little hard to get sometimes, especially in focus like Rangi's shot. We've loved watching your chickens grow up.

3. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Yes welcome, what part of the city do you live in? We are on the Westside, near the 8 Second Saloon. How many chickens? We have 7 currently. The flock is always in a flux. Any pictures?

4. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    John, you must do the math on your eggs vs. cost. Remember that picture I had with $1100 worth of eggs? The 10 egg shells? I haven't done the math lately, but now we've had about 240 eggs, divided into that $1100. Getting closer to $2/egg, waiting for the day it gets to $1/egg.

5. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Yesterday was my birthday and man did I hit the jack pot! First my mom gave me a pair of 12 gauge shot guns. We did not have any fire arms in the house, so these were much appreciated. Then one of the Grandmothers gave me this awesome antique rocking chair.
    [​IMG]
    Then my husband gets me a kitten. We have been talking about a cat for three years now.[​IMG]
    And now my sister is getting me another kitten so the other won't be lonely. Over all a fantastic birthday!

3 people like this.
  6. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    i just skimmed over the last 500 posts ;) little busy here. bad news~ someone broke into our house yesterday while my son and i went to recess at my husbands school funny~ when the police came in, one peered into my homemade incubator that was sitting on my desk in the kitchen and said "Are you MAKING chickens?!?" i just laughed and said yeah making chickens.

1 person likes this.
  7. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Picture overload! I meant to upload these last night, but I was too tired by the time I got around to it. These were all taken right before I found the girls destroying my one and only pumpkin. :rolleyes:

Cubby, one of my 8 year old Easter-egger hens:

[​IMG]

Debra Jo, a barred Rock hen:

[​IMG]

Freema, also a barred rock, telling me I am not giving her enough attention:

[​IMG]

Frou-Frou the blue splash Marans who has no concept of personal space, and Fancy the partridge Plymouth Rock being very tolerant of having Frou-Frou in her face:

[​IMG]

Rosie the golden Sebright:

[​IMG]

Kung-fu Rosie flying into the rafters for the night!

[​IMG]

She Who Sleeps Standing Up, the other partridge Plymouth Rock twin:

[​IMG]

Vespa the silver Sebright, who was being a ham:

[​IMG]

"Why yes, I am adorable."

[​IMG]

"...Ugh, what did I step in?"

[​IMG]

And three pretty eggs as they were laid in the nest:

[​IMG]

8. CityHen-Indy

CityHen-Indy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    [​IMG]

Roscoe had his neck feathers pulled by an aggressive hen during quarantine. Betting he's relieved to be away from her finally!

1 person likes this.
  9. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    What a handsome guy! :love What breed is he?

10. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Kiniska- wow what a great day-guns,cats and antiques!! Perfect!!!;)

Pip- great pics as always!!

Crafty- my DH takes eggs to work and sells them for me. So I told to have them crack them in a separate bowl since some of the new girls have laid some icky eggs. He told my DH that he cracked them all in a bowl and no chickens cam out!!!!!!

City hen- rosco is a pretty boy!! What is he?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by