INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Birdylady3

Birdylady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know they were just doing their job, but would it have kill them to at lease knock on the door and let us know, so could have put the chickens up? I know they have to had seen the chickens loose. The chickens always hang out on the side of the yard where the cop came in. When they left they didn't shut the gate right and we had to chase 2 chickens up and down our street.

2. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Geese are very serious about commitment, devoting themselves to one bird for a lifetime. After a goose dies, its mate will undergo a rigorous mourning process, including weight loss, separation from the flock and submission to other geese. Eventually, the goose will find a new mate in another bird that has lost its partner.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mother2Hens

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Haha You are horrible, John!
    I would take the kitty over the guns any day.
    Happy Birthday, Kiniska!

4. Mother2Hens

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Okay, please add all the names of everyone's flocks and the meaning of their names and how old each one is and where they got them and which one is the flock leader and what their favorite treats are and . . .
    THANKS, Brad, for all the updates and THANKS Quinstar/Erin for holding down the fort for so long by handling all the spreadsheets!!

2 people like this.
  5. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    You could sell the guns. What could you do with a dead kitten?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    ok wow......spent the last two and 1/2 days just catching up on posts!!!!!!!!!![​IMG] phewwww!!!![​IMG] absolutely love all the pictures that people have posted and I am also so very sad to hear about the losses of chickens, horses, and other birds. Nature can be so cruel sometimes.

On a different note, the girls are getting through this wacky and crazy early molt. I am happy to report that one of my white layers has started laying again!! Yay!! we are in egg deprivation mode and i have missed their yummy eggs(as well as some of my co-workers who constantly ask me everyday if they have started laying again!)

CityHen~~welcome to the forum! (i know this is late) just wanted to say hello to a fellow indianapolis chicken person.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!!!

7. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

8. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG] Na keep the guns. May need them someday. Good luck finding ammo right now, shelves are bare everywhere.

9. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I can officially say... caught up. We are going camping this weekend and visiting my in laws in Richmond. Will still have Internet so hope to stay caught up! I just love brookville lake. Fishing will be awful since its a holiday, but the lake and land is so pretty i just enjoy seeing it. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday! Be back Monday nite [​IMG]

10. Mother2Hens

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Originally Posted by Old Salt 1945 [​IMG]You could sell the guns. What could you do with a dead kitten?
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm sure that Kiniska's Birthday Kitten is alive and well and is racing around keeping her up all night.[/FONT]
    Originally Posted by jchny2000 Many of us have hens that are slackers right now! really been odd. Sure hope they pick up the pace soon!
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For the past month or so, my hens have not been laying normally. My EE took a few weeks off and is laying again. My RIR decided to lay an egg in the flower bed today and she's never done that before. Maybe they need to start wearing tin foil hats. Something strange is going on.
    I'm still faithfully catching up on old posts . . . Btw, someone asked about Night Owls. I have always been one although I've had to conform to society and sleep "normal" hours for much of my life. Now that my schedule is more flexible, I typically sleep (off and on) from 2:00am - 9:00am. I am one of the few on this thread who is on Central time, so that's one reason I'm one of the late posters.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Speaking of posters, I love WPA posters. Thanks for posting this one:[/FONT]

[​IMG]

My RIR has a floppy comb and I'll never forget reading in my first chicken book that a RIR with a floppy comb is UNDESIRABLE. How rude! My RIR thinks it's quite fashionable.
    Julie0477~ My EE hen looks like yours! And danands!
    Your Silkie mommy and chicks pictures are adorable. How are they doing?

Originally Posted by julie0477 [​IMG]
    I had to download the app Tapatalk to add pics from my phone.
    Several members who solely use cell phones to access BYC have not been able to change their avatars. Does Tapatalk make that do-able?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by