INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Birdylady3

Birdylady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I am sorry, I know it impolite to laugh at somebody when they are going through a bad molt, but this pic was to much for me! Tell Cricket I am sorry I laughed at her pic. But I do like her dress, it looks really nice.

2. Birdylady3

Birdylady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have lived in the city all of my life and it just gets old when you can't do this or that for fear that it doesn't meet the neighbors and/or city's approval or if you need permits to have/build something. You just about have to be Leary of everyone who walks up into your yard(in the most inner part) or in some cases your door.(If you live where I did, you had a post stamp for a yard). You MUST HAVE a video surveillance camera( the neighbors never see or hear anything). OK done ranting about the bad things in the city. The ONLY thing I like about the city is it is just a walking distance to most things or taking a bus to get to the rest. All of this is just my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  3. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Monty Python And The Holy Grail - I Feel Happy

Take good care of my pullet.

John

1 person likes this.
  4. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Now that it's gotten hot again, I made bikinis for all my hens.

My wife is busy knitting chicken sweaters for this winter.

John

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Got a few pictures of some chickens today before it started to rain.

Rumpless Birchen Marans pullet. Not sure what happened to her rump. I also hatched a roo that is rumpless as well.
    [​IMG]

Blue rumpless Birchen Marans roo.
    [​IMG]

Crested cream legbar pullet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Group shot of rhodebar pullet (who just started laying yesterday), 2 brown leghorn pullets, Birchen Marans pullet, and rumpless Marans roo.
    [​IMG]

Rhodebar, legbar, and leghorn lets with the main Birchen Marans roo.
    [​IMG]

6. CityHen-Indy

CityHen-Indy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    . Roscoe came from an Orscheln store near Ellettsville I think. My niece bought him but thinks this is a very ugly breed. I love the look though. She had a hen too and maybe I should have asked for her too;). Roscoe was pecked on quite a bit with her larger flock so she gifted him to me after my RIR roo died earlier this year. Will post if I find anymore around.

1 person likes this.
  7. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I've never dealt with real city living... I grew up in a small town and moved my husband and kids to a small detour off the highway. People down here are amazing though. Other than the old man next door ( who has kept to his self, AND only lets his dog out on the chain now) we haven't had an issue. My husband couldn't make it in a big city. Our once a year trip to Bloomington is TERRIBLE on him! He's an old soul, raised by his grandparents, so I feel I'm very fortunate :)

8. Webechickens

Webechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    That is just the cutest thing, EVER!!!!

9. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    julie0477~ Such a sweet picture. What breeds are the chicks?
    Leah's Mom has all kinds of info on Bumblefoot-- you could PM her. She helped Animal Lover prepare for her hen's surgery, which was a success story.

Originally Posted by bradselig [​IMG]
    Rumpless Birchen Marans pullet. Not sure what happened to her rump. I also hatched a roo that is rumpless as well.
    [​IMG]

brad~ Maybe pipd can create a discrete prosthetic for your roo . . .

[​IMG]
    pipd~ Just teasing you! As I've said before, you have a gift for capturing expressions. Love this one. And she's not even the one who had to wear the pink dress!

[​IMG]

P.S. You all can tell have a little time on my hands this weekend while recuperating from a twisted knee!

10. CityHen-Indy

CityHen-Indy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2013
    Indianapolis

Hi BirdLady3, in my inner city neighborhood the cops don't really have time to stop and check in when looking for people. Love our officers, and the protection they provide, but those of us who typically follow the rules to a T still need respected. When visiting my daughter in Florida, all the neighbors know to turn on front and back porch lights if they see flashing lights or hear the police helicopter circling. Funny how the Hoosier inner city neighbors don't do the same thing. sigh...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by