INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    There are a few listed on the vets. Click the members events links on my signature, go to the member list. Best of luck for your legbar [​IMG]
    Thanks! It was kind enough to wait until very late! Rained hard, but perked up my flowers. I love Brookville lake, its just beautiful.
    Oh thats very kind of her, and I bet you are both so excited to have them! I keep every little piece from my grandparents I can find. Makes me feel a little closer to them.

1 person likes this.
  2. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    WOW [​IMG] just love your scovies [​IMG] I have 3 chocolates and one black bibbed. They are so sweet! I had terrible hatch rates this year. Am reading the stickies again for the 100th time and hoping for a better year next spring! Is the lavender hen the momma? She is just beautiful.
    And i just love the Sebastopol, is it true they have to have heat in winter? I seriously looked at them, hard before I got my goslings this summer. I still may get them next year as we renovate the barn for the birds.
    Very nice! They will enjoy it. Are you draining or filtering? My pekins dirty up their pool fast, the scovies are not as bad. I put acv in the water to prevent algae too.

3. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

4. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    [​IMG]
    Wow, they grew up quickly! I love the photo of them in a circle like a pinwheel. How do you like being a chicken owner?
    Btw~ My daughter told me about Chicken Coop Remix, but it might give me nightmares.

Quote:
    You are so generous! I'll be by to pick up the blue cochin pullet.

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I have plans for these and have saved the website for a long time. Downloaded the pics to word in case the site disappears [​IMG] What an easy build!
    Really inexpensive too. The panels are cheapest at Rural King if you have one. I have enough land I can move those tractors weekly and always give them green grass.
    Oh wow, I am so sorry. And your poor horse! Ya all the bad stuff seems to come at once.
    WOW 4oz? Geese eggs are 5oz thats HUGE!
    Thats interesting! I was thinking using linoleum. I do see laminate really cheap often. I have to replace the main coop, its in pretty bad shape.

6. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Just saw this when I checked the weather report. Felt I needed to share, the child needs all the help they can get.

MADISON:
    AT THE REQUEST OF THE INDIANA STATE POLICE...THE INDIANA EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM IS ACTIVATED TO ASSIST IN THE BROADCAST OF AN AMBER ALERT.
    THE FISHERS POLICE DEPARTMENT IS INVESTIGATING AN ABDUCTED CHILD FROM FISHERS, INDIANA. NORTHEAST OF INDIANAPOLIS. SOPHIA SNOW, DATE OF BIRTH DECEMBER 31, 2004, A WHITE FEMALE, 7 YEARS OLD, 3 FOOT 10 INCHES TALL, WEIGHING 50 POUNDS WITH SHOULDER LENGTH BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES.
    SOPHIA SNOW WAS LAST SEEN AT 1200 PM EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 30, 2013 AT FISHERS, INDIANA, AND IS BELIEVED TO BE IN EXTREME DANGER. SOPHIA SNOW WAS WEARING UNKNOWN TYPE OF CLOTHING. FISHERS POLICE DEPARTMENT SAYS SOPHIA SNOW WAS LIKELY ABDUCTED BY HER MOTHER, JENNIFER (CURTIS) ANSARI AND SUSPECT VEHICLE IS A 2012 BURGUNDY HONDA CIVIC BEARING KENTUCKY REGISTRATION 779NZJ.

7. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Just click more/less button on the right side of the reply box to get the colors back.

I read the article on the chickens eyesight; they may see more/better color then we do, but we are more discriminating lol!

8. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    OOPs I guess we didn't tell John not to share his address on the internet like that. Now the guvmint knows where to look for him. I have some extra tinfoil if someone wants to bring them to him, I made too many recently for the Perseid shower.

9. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    oh danand! so sorry about your horse troubles. did he break anything? or just stitches? how about the car? how do you not see a HORSE in the road?!
    i am dealing with a dog we took to get fixed in indy yesterday. she has only eaten 1 piece of dogfood and a small bite of scrambled eggs. she hasnt drank either. last night she drooled everywhere... she never drools. we have kept her in the house with us, and [​IMG]she follows us if we leave the room.

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i will go into details about my plan when i get home. and his ither eye is pegfectly fine. He never inserted a pecking order, it is just like they automatically let him be th leader. I have an old waterer i never took out. He stands on it with is good eye facin out so that he can watch over the others! He is the biggest out of the hatch! The crossbeak one is the second or third believe it or not! I am watching him bery closley too. I havent had to trim his beak uet
    [​IMG] Wow, they grew up quickly! I love the photo of them in a circle like a pinwheel. How do you like being a chicken owner? Btw~ My daughter told me about Chicken Coop Remix, but it might give me nightmares. Quote:
    You are so generous! I'll be by to pick up the blue cochin pullet. [/quote thank you, i have plenty of ameraucana cokerels so he might want to strt rethinkimg hos attitude lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by