INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

waving-white-flag.gif
I give up...

Missed one day and I just can't catch up. Not enough time. If anyone wants to give me a recap of the last 2 days that would be great.

Someone was asking about mobile pasture coops way back there somewhere. There are some ideas here too in the links. There are several kinds:

http://www.themodernhomestead.us/article/Pasturing+the+Flock.html

Good things to consider when building:
http://www.themodernhomestead.us/article/Pasture+Shelter+Design.html

Last edited:
My girl did stay on the nest to the bitter end. NONE OF THE SHIPPED EGGS DEVELOPED. Candled them on Monday morning after she came out with the 3 that did hatch.

All shipped eggs were liquid inside; hatched eggs were all from my flock. I only have one poor photo right now.

So my plans for the pen i am building
is to stretch bird netting up the side and over the top, so that they cant fly out. the front piece of pannel is where i will be able to get in and out. Of to the side farthest away there will be a roost for them and on the opposite side is where there hanging feeder and waterer will be. And i am only going to have 2 nesting boxes, since it is such a small pen. the bedding is going to be sand.

I should have some chickens to put in this pen in 2 months. I am going to get a barred rock rooster and some black ameraucana hens I already have to put in there. Barred EEs are really pretty I cant wait to hatch some out.
I use panels also. What would I do without ducktape, panels and twisty tie !!!!!

My girl did stay on the nest to the bitter end. NONE OF THE SHIPPED EGGS DEVELOPED. Candled them on Monday morning after she came out with the 3 that did hatch.

All shipped eggs were liquid inside; hatched eggs were all from my flock. I only have one poor photo right now.

That's a great picture! Your hen is lovely and the chicks are so cute!

Awww, how cute. that sucks that none of the shipped egg ceveloped.If you dont mind me asking, Who did you buy from?

Delawaremommy, Indianapolis, IN
4 beautiful Delaware pullets (15 weeks as of 9/2/13), no eggs yet, they don't roost but sleep piled up in the corner even when it is in the 70's at night!! They love their supervised free range play time and their dog sister Poppy (5 year old puggle who thinks they are her children!) They terrorize the cat which I find funny. Pay back is a witch my little furry black friend!!

Delawaremommy, Indianapolis, IN
4 beautiful Delaware pullets (15 weeks as of 9/2/13), no eggs yet, they don't roost but sleep piled up in the corner even when it is in the 70's at night!! They love their supervised free range play time and their dog sister Poppy (5 year old puggle who thinks they are her children!) They terrorize the cat which I find funny. Pay back is a witch my little furry black friend!!
Hi and welcome!

Back
Top Bottom