INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Yeah I'd love to see her! One also hatched that looks like its going to get the brahmas markings. Too funny.

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    if she cooperates i will post a pic tomorrow night.

3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Pip- pic # 1 is my fav, then 5. They all look good though!!

Old salt- got to use my gun this morning!!;) at the neighbors dogs again!

Julie-aaaaaaawwwwwwwwhhhhhhhh!!! Cute babies!!!

4. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    [​IMG] I took this shot of big brother showing the baby around. Actually he was just stretching his (or her) wing. ;) The chick in the back seems to have more of the buff brahmas markings. Can't wait to see how this ones turns out. My hopes are it keeps a lot of the brahmas characteristics but perhaps a bit smaller. My roo is a giant.

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I just set some eggs today. The eggs are from production red hens. The roosters in the pen were 1 BLRW, 2 HRIR, 1 BR, and 1 half PRIR half BLRW. I'm going to call them a barnyard mix. I'm not really in need of little chicks but I had too many eggs in the fridge and decided to set these. I had them set for about an a hour and a half, when I sold all of the eggs in my fridge and had a request for more. I was tempted to pull them out. But then the idea of chicks took over and I offered them eggs early next week.

6. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    julie0477- great pics!
    no chickens were injured thankfully! The roo did a great job warning everyone and they got to the coop and under bushes quick enough. I started to head in for the gun when the first one flew away so started rounding up the chickens that went in the flower beds to hide and the second one swooped down. Then it went with the other one and roosted on the phone booth substation building on the edge of my property.

i had guineas last year and really enjoyed them, until they taught the chickens to cross the road and causing chicken casualties and stopping traffic. i have to wait on them until i am farther away from the road. but thanks for the offer!

the orschelns here just advertised "chick days" in their flyer! Right now is actually a great time to raise chicks for layers. They grow all winter and start laying in the spring.

1 person likes this.
  7. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Sally - well while everyone else is buying new chicks this spring and waiting...and waiting... And waaaaaaaiiiiiting for them to lay yours will be ready to roll! Besides, who can't use a few more baby chicks :). I came < > this close to buying a couple isa browns today at rural king, and I certainly do not need more chicks.

1 person likes this.
  8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    At least non were hurt. And why most you talk about chick days lol!

9. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    wooohoooo thanks! :)

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I love this picture, too cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by