INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Ugh. I read the herpes virus that causes mareks can 'live for several months at room temperarure' and also read 'can live at least 12 months in feather dust'. :/

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Ok so I want to deworm the chickens as I'm pretty sure I saw some tape worm segments in a fresh pile while changing waters today after work. I'm wanting to use valbazen but of course can't find any locally. Also 500ml bottle is the smallest I can find for sale. I really don't need all this. So, is there anyone interested in selling any of theirs (I will have to figure out how much I need) or anyone interested in splitting a bottle? I just know the wormer will expire before I'm able to use it all.

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    We used a tablespoon of dish soap to 4 gallons of water for about 2 weeks to deworm ours last winter. They were not laying at the time so I did not mind it taking a while.

4. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Sooo, based on this, I went out and looked at my birds when I got home from work. Does'nt look good. I believe my flock of 7 girls and 2 boys has turned into a flock of 3 girls and 6 boys....my rooster luck lives on. I'll still grow them out to see, but I guess you live and learn. I got 2 of the 'boys' as chicks, and to my eyes they had all the markings to look for to be girls. But I guess if another type of chicken got into the mix, all bets were off.

5. HouseKat

HouseKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    M2H, let us know how that order with Mulzer goes, I emailed them weeks ago about getting some sand and they never replied. I suspect that they have out-dated contact information posted and that no one ever got the message.

6. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    On a lighter note, here are the eggs I got today:

[​IMG]
    The two large dark ones are Welsummer eggs. The next tinted one I think came from a Dark Brahma. The white egg is from a Silver Leghorn. They are almost the same size, which is funny because the hens that laid them certainly aren't. The Brahma is twice as big. And the last one.....it weighs 11g or .4oz. It is less than half the size of any egg I have ever gotten. If I didn't know better, I'd think a quail or a songbird got into the coop and snuck it in. No idea where that came from.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Nice assortment of eggs. And I thought quail layed speckeled eggs

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I love how they can vary so much. The littlest egg may be a fart egg.

9. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN

Their web page had several broken links but the one for the Evansville office seemed to be fine. They answered right away when I called. I only picked that location because I think it's closest to Julie. I might be wrong though. Their price was very comparable to the quarry nears house too.

10. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

4 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by