INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Don't consider cloves. GET leather gloves. Your husband shouldn't have to find you by following the blood trail.

John

2. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I never gave it much thought before, but I will now.
    John

3. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    It blocks the mosquito larvae from breathing at the surface of the water. Use whatever is cheapest.

John

4. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    You posted these just to aggravate RacinChickins and me.

You're despicable![​IMG]

Nice birds.[​IMG]

John

5. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    CRSelvey~ That was most kind of you to call my local Mulzer stone!! I had just assumed that "State" sand meant that it was a generic product used on State projects, like I69. HaHa! Made sense to me. I will have to pay for delivery because I don't own a truck. I realize they will dump it in a big heap and we'll have to move it. From your description, I think three tons should do it (and we have clay soil, too!) Thanks so much for your advice!

I'm glad you had your hand checked out, got meds, and a tetanus shot. We wouldn't want you to get lockjaw although I suppose you could still type.

I decided not to pilfer John's poultry since it might be tainted since he likely never washes his shoes. [​IMG]
    racin chickins & gunchief~ beautiful eggs!
    bradselig~ Sorry to hear of your silkie loss! Your pictures are great-- I love the wild frizzled tolbunt polish, too.

6. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Shoes? What shoes? The ones I wore to RacinChickins were rentals.

John

1 person likes this.
  7. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Shoes? What shoes? The ones I wore to RacinChickins were rentals.
    John

Oh . . . That explains why they looked like bowling shoes.

8. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Do you have a fake egg or golf ball in the nest boxes? Are the nest boxes in a dark area? I put our nest boxes on the north side of our rectangular coop, so it'd be cool and also a dark area. We did have one rogue layer, but she came around after keeping her 'all cooped up' for about 5 days, until she figured out where to lay.
    Don't want to do the 'search and enjoy', you could find things you might not want.
    I'm not going to dignify that with a response. Where are their tinfoil hats? You should extend those down to the chest.
    Yeah, Little helped with your standards, John, lol.
    Crazy thing around here. We have no roosters, but I still get a double yolker once a week or so. I think one sneaks over from the neighbors to lay.

9. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Who is a good source to buy HRIR from? Are the chicks from Meyer and My Pet Chicken heritage birds?

CRSelvey - Hope you received good news about Sesame!

bradselig - So sorry for your little silkie! I do love the looks of your frizzled Tolbunt Polish. Are frizzled feathers a mutation that you can breed for? Do they occur in all breeds? I have only seen them on bantams; can LF have them, too?

10. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Cute, I agree. Unti they start crowing too much. Don't want the noise.
    Great looking eggs! Yours, too, Racin! Love the size variety.
    Great looking chickens. The crested still look funny to my eye. Not polite to laugh, I know.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by