INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. MrTattoohead

MrTattoohead Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2013
    Bloomington, IN

No blood work, no necropsy. Unfortunately, fiscal liquidity isn't high at the moment. We were pressed to cover the visit and euthanasia. We did the best we could by her at this time. In future we will have the girls looked at for MD I hope. When things aren't as tight.

The vet seemed fairly certain, and under the circumstances, we weren't in the best shape to ferry the body around truth be told. Hopefully it will get easier with time.

Mr. Tattoohead

2. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Oh no, hope the 9 year olds ok? did he have a reaction?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  3. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I am curious too, when do pekin start to lay? I have a sinking feeling I hatched all girls, UGH
    Yikes, thats a scary feeling!
    Oh man, I have to stay out of the feed stores..
    Oh that will make a beautiful egg basket!

4. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    96 yesterday! ugh I felt like I was melted most of the day. Changed water several times for all the critters, and put ice bottles in the buckets.

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

6. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

7. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I am so very sorry. Please visit the other threads I showed earlier in this thread. There are others with md in their flocks and can help. They have helped me tremendously.

Will you be having a necropsy done? Did they do blood work?

Mr. Tattoohead posted:
    No blood work, no necropsy. Unfortunately, fiscal liquidity isn't high at the moment. We were pressed to cover the visit and euthanasia. We did the best we could by her at this time. In future we will have the girls looked at for MD I hope. When things aren't as tight.

The vet seemed fairly certain, and under the circumstances, we weren't in the best shape to ferry the body around truth be told. Hopefully it will get easier with time.

Mr. Tattoohead, You did everything for Sesame and she was lucky to be a part of your family. I know that vet bills can be difficult to justify sometimes when there are other financial demands. I took Violet to the vet the second time because I needed to know what to do because I didn't want to prolong her suffering if there was no hope. Although it was terribly sad news, I felt good about having her put to sleep by a vet and taking her home to bury in my flower garden. I hope you similarly feel good about taking such good care of Sesame at home and taking her to the vet to get a professional opinion. It will get easier; your other girls will cheer you up. Take care.

8. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Kiniska forgive my old lady brain, I forgot what breed you have?
    My banties did very well in the big girl coop. My OEGB now have their own mini coop since they are at laying age, and Harry is quite happy about that!

9. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I am so sorry, They do seem more fragile than the other birds. I lost a little pullet Fluff a few weeks ago, and nothing wrong with her on inspection. Really upset me, she was very sweet and haven't a clue what happened to her.. Puff kept attacking me when I went to pick her up, poor guy. I have 2 others I put him with so he isn't alone. So far I think I only have one other pullet, ugh.
    [​IMG] so exciting! I was a pain with the post office, called several times when I knew they would arrive the next day!

10. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Ugh.. I have been lucky so far, but with hatching I am getting way too many. Once the cooler weather arrives this weekend I have to do some fall cleaning of the roosters.
    Some of these boys are my first hatches and I am getting soft. Mt BR/GLW crosses are so sweet I will probably keep the best one. Have to quit putting it off.
    We all need to share pics of the roosters to be dinners, someone may want them! I will post some tomorrow.

http://www.jefferspet.com/valbazen/camid/liv/cp/16387/
    That's the best price I have seen so far with shipping. Good company too, I have purchased from them for at least 10 years, probably longer.
    I would be willing to do the split but have no idea how to get up with you for it. PM me if you have any thoughts!
    yikes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by