INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok,wasnt 100% sure, but I figured she knew what she was talking about. She breeds and shows rabbits. Mycdoe had some kits a while ago, she killed 2 and raised the other 3 perfectly fine. I didnt know she was pregnant until she started pulling fur. Heck I thought both my rabbits were does!

2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

3. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    My day: got up early to put dinner in the crock pot. Left for work with it unplugged. Had to throw it out. Went to pick up my kids after school. Got a ticket. Tonight I found my 17 wk old silkie boy under a tree when it was time for the coop. Went to pick him up and he didn't move. The boy can't walk or stand. I see no obvious injury but he was literally JUST FINE hours ago. I put him in a crate with food and water in the basement. I'd like to think he just got injured some how but I don't know. I have a bad feeling. :/

4. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

julie0477 I hope your boy is okay!! Sounds like a bad day all around :(

Needing advice. I have 4 bearded silkie eggs that my girls have layed and no broodies. I thought there were only 2 and then I found 2 more buried under the hay in the nesting box. They don't seem to be paying much attention to them. Any thoughts? Should I just wait it out longer and see if they lay a full clutch? I don't have an incubator.[​IMG] I have never experienced this before. Newbie.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Well the lowes in my area clearanced their dog houses about 2 week a go. So nothing is left. Kind of sad since I will be needing a dog house or two come spring for the puppies and another one or two would have made nice isolation pens. It would have been great to get a bunch at a really low price.

Now I really wish I lived closer to you Brad.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Man sounds like you had a ruff day! I hope you boy gets better, maybe he just pulled or tore something

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    you could just get some plywood and build some really simple dog houses.

8. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    i'm sorry Julie :( bad days happen, just look toward the brighter side in the morning :) and dont go to sleep frustrated. i know, easier said than done.

9. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    hugs, could it be the heat. Maybe try some chick saver.

1 person likes this.
  10. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by