INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

She kinda looks like my Peaches
    [​IMG]

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    I only have limited experience with a broody but I hung out in the broody hen forum for awhile ;). What happened in my hens case and what usually happens (per what I've read in the forum) is the broody hen gets up once a day to eat, do her business, etc. they can be pretty quick about it so if you miss it don't worry. Just make sure food and water are near. I can't wait to see pics of these babies they are going to be adorable!!

3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I hope we get some babies. I did notcie with a few of the eggs, when I candled and moved them around, the large dark spot that took up most of the egg, moved with the motion of turning it. As I have never had any experience with this, I don't really know what to look for other than the pics of development I have seen online. None of the eggs she is sitting on are hers, if they do hatch I hope she accepts them. She has silkie, wyandotte, an ee egg and an autralorp egg under her. 12 total. I think I may have to candle again in the dark next time.

4. MrTattoohead

MrTattoohead Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Sorry to hear about your girl with the torn tendon, CCC...Chickens. It's a crap feeling. [​IMG]

Here's our third girl, Orange, a salmon faverolle.

[​IMG]

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    are they in warren? I have the phone nimber for a butcher in warren.

i am not selling eggs and i assumed peiple woulf figure out that shipping was not included because that woul make the eggs $5 or less. It was kust list an asking price from someone i bought from.

i know there are breeders here in indiana i just like the quality if his birds better. It has more of what u am looking for when i buy AMs. I have a list of people I want to buy AMs from he is on the top of the list.

i watched a youtube video and it made me feel so bad for the chicken. I know it is just nerves but it still looks as if they are alive

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thank you for all th advice :)
    yep she is an easter egger.A very pretty one at that!
    thank you. I will try and research ig more just to see what it is

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thank you. I like your SF. She looks like my tuna! but she has less black

8. FarkerFarms

FarkerFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana
    I was able to get another pic of Margo the (apparently) Easter Egger not Amaraucana?

[​IMG]

And since I was out there taking pics, this is Harriet - the BR (she is pretty fantastic with her big floppy comb). ALso, she is down to one tail feather right now :)

[​IMG]

And Lily (Welsummer) with Vivie (RIR)

[​IMG]

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    yep shes an EE! I like your welsummer hen!

10. FarkerFarms

FarkerFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana
    It is good to know what she is! She is small and sassy and is one of the favs! Lily is moulting bad and has been ever since we got her. She has a naked chest! Between her and Harriet's lone tail feather they are quite a sight!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by