INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    everything is looking good in most anyways

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. Lora Indy

Lora Indy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2012

I have a BO that blew off half of her feathers overnight, my sons thought she was half way to the crock pot [​IMG]

Here is a photo of Moe, if I can get it to load.....
    [​IMG]

Yay, it worked! Lets see if I can get some more photos.......

3. Lora Indy

Lora Indy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hmmmmm..... how did I put this at the top?

Here are a few more, one with his brother, Mighty Mouse
    [​IMG]

And one of his sisters
    [​IMG]

All of the girls came out a sort of blue partridge....

4. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Not often I say this, but those are some cute roosters :D

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have lost all hope in my eggs,but I am going to leave them in until thursday and then do an eggtopsy. I really thought this hatch was going to go well. Packing was perfect, not one cracked egg, air sacs were even good for shipped eggs. I have had not trouble with humidity or temp. They have stayed exactly were I wasnted them to the whole incubation. I only threw out 2. Some I thought were scrambled actually developed. So I dont know what the deal is. But the chicks I bought make up for it lol. But these were the RCBLs I have been wanting, I guess I will just have to buy some more and try again.

Update on my russian Orloff. I was looking her over more. I was only focusing on her legs before, but I looked at her one foot and two of her toes are out of place. I'm not sure what the poor chickens did, but she had got her one leg and foot all screwed up. While I am not happy I found another thing wrong with her, it makes me even more confident that she has an injury and not a disease. She had the same signs as my SF, but I am one of those people that like to be 110% sure. I am going to make some calls tomorrow.

6. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    Pretty birds :thumbsup

7. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    CR 142 in Goshen, Martin's Chicken Butchery I have the phone number in case its not the same place.

Thanks so much for the info, going to save it!
    Sorry to hear about the foot now. How high is their roost? Is it too high for the two chickens that had tendon problems? Slippery floor on landing? Just a couple of thoughts. Hope she does better!

8. FarkerFarms

FarkerFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Awe so pretty! I am looking forward to meeting them!

;)

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thank you for telling me about the place, but 2 hours is too far away. I did find 2 other butchers that are local. Hopefully out of 3 i can find one.

the SF i am talking about passed away a few months ago. I eventually figured out that she hit it on a medal piece on the doir ( in a dufferent pen). there were also no roosts in the pen she wad in at the time. The RO was in a pen that had 3-4 foot of the ground roost. But she roosted on an old hay rack i have yet to take out. none of the others that roost on the hay rack have had an issue. And gloor isnt slippery it has bedding. So o have no idea how ir shar she did bug she managed to mess it up badly.

10. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by