INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thank you. And no problem. The puppies are getting big!

2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    My boys are going to be so pleased. The barn cat will be for me and my girl as my boy has decided that cats are for girls and dogs are for boys. I think it was the hello kitty show on at the doctor office the other day. That and Kipper the dog is a boy. Either way every child ends up with a non chicken pet.

1 person likes this.
  3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    lol, seems like good logic to me. They have been around kittens and cats and so far have payed no attention to them. I will send you some pics of them this week

1 person likes this.
  4. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Earlier I mentioned getting some red brown modern game bantams next week (if seller thinks they are big enough to ship). Here are some pictures of his stock. I sure hope mine turn out just like these! Mine will be between 2-4 months old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    We have modern games, they are my daughters, she loves them, me not so much, !!! LOL !!

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i think modern game and old english game bsntams are so cute.hopefully they are big rnough to ship

7. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I'm thinking they have to be easy on the feed bill. I saw some game birds at the show. They have a distinct look to them so much so that my DH did not think they were chickens. He was asking me so what are these, I see the goose, ducks, small chickens and large chickens but what are these?

8. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG] and glad you found us! Great to have you on the thread!!! [​IMG] I grew up one town over from CP, know the area well.

Welcome to all our new members, and forgive me if I missed you! Working feverishly to finish coops and runs before winter.

9. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

10. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Lora Indy~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread! Sounds like you are making good use of the thread already!
    danad and bradselig~ You both won the Name that Snake Species Contest. As usual, your prize is a rooster, which will be gladly sadly donated to each of you by a thread member.
    It’s a Milkshake (that’s what I thought you said at first!) It’s a young Milk Snake because the adult ones have wavier stripes and the young one’s stripes are more horizontal. That’s what threw me off when I was looking at snake photos. I like most snakes. I hate when people think they have to automatically hack a snake to death.

[​IMG]

Old Salt posted: Not a coral snake.
    Old saying:
    “Red and Black,
    Friend of Jack,
    Red and Yellow,
    Kill a fellow.”

That’s a coincidence because my BIL’s name is Jack, and we were visiting him in Bloomington when I saw the snake. I’ll have to tell him that saying although he definitely knows what a Copperhead looks like.
    Mr. Tattoohead~ Your Barred Rock and Salmon Faverolle are stunning.
    kabhyper~ The progress of your broody hen sounds exciting! Thanks for keeping us informed, so if one of us newbies has the same thing happen, we’ll know what to expect. When I saw the first egg candling photo, I thought you had taken an arty picture of the sun! Haha! I definitely would not be able to give helpful advice, but it is fun to look at the candling photos!
    brown cow~ I love your brown cows! So sweet.
    CCCHICKENS~ Hogster has a good idea about asking the Amish for help putting down your hen. You just need an experienced person instead of trying something risky. I wouldn't want you and the hen to both be further traumatized.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by