INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

2. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    On our member page we have a link to all the abbreviations. Its on my signature, but tell me what you are looking for and will be glad to help [​IMG]
    Oh my! look at all the Adorable lil quail!!! as always love the babies [​IMG]

3. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Motion lights are always good, It will scare off predators for a while. not a permenant solution but a really good start.
    After your first week they are pretty strong. You never know, but usually at that point they will make it just fine.

4. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    6 hens per box supposedly is good.. yea right

5. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Didn't think about that. The roosts in the coop are about the same level, or maybe higher, but they can't see them from the outside. I guess if I really want them to use the coop, I can take away the outdoor roosts.

6. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Thanks for the Merlin update. Has he been a good rooster? Is he a father yet?

7. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    She is quite lovely!
    RK has lost my business, Unorganized, rude and slow. does not care about their customers. Done.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    tiday is rither day 24 or 25. Suprisingly they do not smell. the stroy about your silkie is halirious!

i dont know aboutcthe whole feather thing but it all seems very possible to me. I had a chicken choke on feeda while back.

i do not talk to workers anymore, i know where everything is. I dont know if you suppose to get the bunnies outwhen you are there, but i have carried bunny around the store with me. what harm could it do.

9. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I keep netflix for DH, he loves it. We only get dsl here.Satellite is a big rip off, don't do it. they monitor your usage and shut you down if you exceed their max quota of use.
    My poor kid would get so upset trying to get her schoolwork in,and they shut us off!
    I lost rabbits and guinea pigs due to celery, but was a kid.. not sure if i did something else wrong. but remember it being a tragedy.
    Talking 40 years ago.
    OHH bet they are so happy!! I can see them springing on their hind legs now [​IMG] they are so happy you gave them the new pasture!

10. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I didn't realize it was so far from you. Sorry, hopefully the idea gives you somewhere else to look for help though. Good luck with your little one.

Oh my those are beautiful birds, and the orange on those roosters! Stunning!
    Thanks, we think so to. They had a rough start to life, we just want to do better for them. Hopefully after their molt (whenever that is) they will look even better.
    That is so scary. I saw one of my smaller ee's go after my tom while he was strutting, and pull some of the feathers from his backside. While the toms reaction was funny, those feathers are big for such a small ee. I was worried about her chocking too. I mean really, what can you do for a choking chicken? Very scarey indeed. Glad she was able to swallow it down finally.

We used Iams for years as well but after so many treatments on my dogs and no change, the vet wanted us to free up her diet. Its been a good change for both dogs. Mia finally has fur again. And no raw spots anywhere on her body! Excited!!! Poor baby was so miserable. Broke my heart, and my wallet to be honest. So many trips to the vet. I really should have thought to try changing the food on my own lol Anyway, I'm going to try it and see how it works. I know Mia and Ori love to eat the chickens ff if I leave the bucket in the kitchen too long after I refill the water. Hopefully, it will help the bag last a little longer. Thanks for the info!

I can't imagine all that is required to get FDA approval for selling meat. I think it is very awesome all the help people on this thread have offered to others. This is the way it used to be. Neighbors helping neighbors. Lots of people don't even know their neighbors anymore. Kind of sad. The neighbors to our west, we chit chat with all the time. The ones to the east want to be left alone, so we do. We just redid our neighbors roof on his house. They bought the mats, we provided the labor, them the food. We had a good old time. When my dh was injured on the job and down for 11 months, they cut our grass for the rest of the year (2 acres and for about a month). We help each other out with our gardens, they plant some stuff, we plant others, we pick from both lol. Same with fruit trees. Help yourself! Make an extra pie, we share, too much apple sauce or apple butter, we share. Being neighborly can be an awesome experience. Can be a bad one too. But I get the vibe of good neighbors here. Glad to know there are still good people out there. I know I can't take you up on your offer to help as you are so far away, but just wanted to say thanks, as good neighbors do.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by