INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Rehric00- she looks like my sex link.

Thanks for the opinions on my hen too. I wondered because she has white ears. Her feathering does match some of my other EE's also

2. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Hobbles are placed on animals to limit stride length. It was more commonly done to horses to allow them to walk around and eat near a campsite on the plains, but not run away.

I did it to keep the new girls from chasing down my other chickens and killing them. It quickly became apparent that the situation was opposite to what I expected, so I removed them so the new girls could run away when being harassed.

John

3. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Sevin is garden safe. No need to wait. For fruit, wash before eating.

For chickens, pluck before eating.

For eggs, remove shell before eating.

Poem:
    My mother feeds me chicken
    It always makes me cough
    I wish that when she fixes it
    She'd take the feathers off.

Anon

John

1 person likes this.
  4. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    Quote:
    [​IMG]

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    see i cant stand the smell of vapor rub so that could be why i also dont like the smell of betrx
    thank you
    black sex link
    she could lay a white egg, you never know. most people think that their EEs are fir sure going ti lat blue ir greeen eggs, tht is not true. they can lay blue green pink brown, and white. I have yet to have one lay white but know of people who have had one. Now her feather pattern is probably the most common feather pattern out of EEs.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X2 it wont affect the eggs at alk a they dont ingest any so there is no way that it could affect them. Now if your chicken does eat some that could be an issue i have never had it happen.

7. FarkerFarms

FarkerFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana
    I had to do the same with mine :) Although I am still keeping an eye on them in case they suddenly turn into vicious killers!

8. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN
    Went to the doctor yesterday. Apparently eating my chickens' eggs compared to store bought has brought my cholesterol down 30 points. [​IMG]How do I reward myself after hearing that? Fried pork chops and peas with lots of butter...

After I got off work yesterday I went straight up to the farm to feed the chickens. I could hardly get out of my Jeep because I was surrounded by chickens and turkeys! I don't have a husband or human kids to come home to, but that doesn't bother me when I have 20+ birds at my feet making all kinds of racket when I get home!! Maybe they are just waiting to see what treats or scraps of food I have with me, but it's nice either way.

9. pginsber

pginsber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like the way you celebrate! Congrats!
    Sounds like when you come home, your kids greet you as if they were dogs, only without the barking and jumping on you. AWESOME!

1 person likes this.
  10. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by