INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    pbirdhaven~ Haha That's pretty cute! Sometimes our cat Lionel carries his stuffed toy mouse to our bed and we find it in the morning.
    Speaking of cute, here's our cat, Tiger, who adopted us five years ago. Yesterday, he climbed right in a small box that had arrived in the mail.
    No,
    Old Salt, Tiger is not dead. He has a smile on his face. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today, Tiger decided to be part of my Halloween decor. My black cat, Diablo, would have been a better model!

[​IMG]
    kabhyper~ Your photo is beautiful. Glad to hear your in-laws took good care of their little feathered granddaughters who are expecting. Haha!

Too Fast posted: We had a great time camping at Turkey Run, we've been away from that place way too long.

kabhyper & Too Fast~ Sounds like fun! My niece's husband is a Naturalist at Turkey Run.
    EmSteele~ Glad you all had fun at the Lville Zoo. Yesterday afternoon when I left Louisville, I had just started to pull out on the highway when a red tailed hawk decided to take off from the ground by the highway. I had to brake a little to avoid it hitting my windshield! Its talons were so close to my windshield as it slowly lifted higher. I was trying to avoid hitting it while checking my rear-view and side mirrors.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    You must be out of breath! That's all you could post! Haha
    OK, everyone, was it really necessary to repeatedly post
    CCCHICKENS's nauseating eggtopsy photo??!! [​IMG]
    CCCHICKENS~ Good for you for letting him go! Raccoons are adorable although I can understand when people like vickichicki have to kill one that is in her chicken coop! The adult ones can be especially vicious when cornered, so I'm glad vickichicki wasn't attacked.

1 person likes this.
  3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

1 person likes this.
  4. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    It's a tough load, but someone has to do it. We had nice weather until Sunday morning. Putting bikes on top of a pop-up in the drizzle and taking the camper down is not fun. But Saturday was perfect, the and the rain held off until early Sunday. And we had the Colts on DVR, watched them smash the Jaguars.

Chickens were happy to see us, especially when I let them out of the coop so they can run off the cat from her food! They squawk, jump/fly and run to here food bowl and generally go crazy. Had a friend come over and get the eggs, he was happy but did say the eggs were 'poopy'. Not sure what he meant by that since the nest boxes were and still are clean. He washed them and refrigerated them, but he's not sure if he can eat them. He is a little be off anyway, we once sent him 3 letters with cut an pasted poems on paper. We were on our way back from New Orleans so all the envelopes had different post marks. Drove him crazy for about 3 weeks.

5. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    HA! Sometimes we think those directional signs point to our house, glad to know you have them pointed your way also!

6. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    Morning all... cockadoodledoo

7. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Sounds like you are on the right direction with your coop. You will like the raised flooring. We have doors on our tall side and the short side, for easy access when cleaning.
    Here's one from August, you can see others in this thread by the link with the everyone's photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We also have a slide out for the poop under the roost area, but the girls mostly roost outdoors. That may change this winter, maybe. Make sure you have plenty of easy access for the humans!
    Maybe we saw you? That's a great shot of Sugar Creek, we were at Turkey Run this last weekend also. Love that place.

1 person likes this.
  8. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Wow... I certainly have not heard that at all this morning. Hahaha.. Who am I kidding, I have been hearing that since 5:30

9. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Very envious of everyone and their trips. Would love to buy a camper somewhere on a lake for quick get aways.

Since moving to the states we have never had a vacation. Makes me feel bad for the wee one. With us both being self employed, work is a 7 days a week thing. If its not me it's DH. His mother is going on her yearly trip to Myrle Beach in two weeks and I am covering for a friend at the florist who is taking her grandson or Disney next week.

One day.... Maybe... We can. Just a nice cabin on a lake for a long weekend.

1 person likes this.
  10. lilmizscareall

lilmizscareall Chillin' With My Peeps

Ah yes the struggle is real.
    My husband and I are going through the same thing. It's been three months, 8 + different drawings, and everytime we do some thing it changes other plans... It's been a blast!
    I suggest googling "top rookie coop mistakes"
    It'll return with a lot of posts from here, but I found it pretty helpful. Don't build anything thinking you can change it later, you'll lose more money that way. Use the right tools/supplies everytime, otherwise you will mess something up(totally what I do.) Ask questions, because your perception of how something should work or look is going to be different than his.
    Good luck!
    Aynie

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by