INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I just did the eggtopsys on my lastest hatch. I dont think any of the eggs were ever fertilized! Not one egg had a chick developing in it. They all had this inside of it.
    [​IMG]

Well except for one that had this in it
    [​IMG]Did
    It smelled so bad I ran to the trash can and almost threw up.

I did not do anything wrong during incubation either. I kept the tempature at 100.5 and humidity at 45 and they during lockdown at 65 range. Did shipping do this to my eggs? or were the eggs never fertilized? Do you think I should Email the seller?

2. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

You were there this weekend also? We stayed at the Inn. Probably saw you and didn't even know it! LOL

3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:EWWWWW!!!!! I hope mine aren't like that! I do see movement in mine so I don't think they are, but I don't think I would be brave enough to crack them open if they don't hatch!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  5. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    That happened to some of my hatching eggs (about four) when I did my eggtopsy and like you said, the smell is terrible!

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ya its not a pleasant smell.

7. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I still have 200+ posts to catch up on....have just been so busy. My baby turned 4 Friday! She requested a zoo theme party...then we surprised her with a trip to Louisville Zoo today! It was awesome, even in the rain!!!..
    also no eggs and I'm pretty sure ny girls have started giggling.g when I begin peeking in the nesting boxes.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    My sisters birthday was friday! I love going to the zoo, who dosent love to look at all of the animals?

9. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I crack the eggs open that I pull. but I pull on day seven if it is clear, day 10 if I see some lines but not enough for day 10, day 14 if I can't see movement or if it looks like a day 7 egg, and lockdown day if I can't see or hear anything moving and there is no internal pip. So far every egg I tossed has been either dead or not fertile.
    the stinky egg is an exploder egg, good thing you got it out of your incubator when you did. the dark blob eventually explodes and makes a giant mess to clean and sanitize.
    Off to look at my Legbar eggs. today is day 11, but i got too busy to candle last night. I like having the incubator in a room I can candle in. So much easier than taking the eggs to another dark area. Also less change of the chick not surviving the candling since I don't have to touch the egg.

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    No eggs hatched. I was doing eggtopsy they are on like day 30. I thought they were just developng really fast but apparently they were just baking. I hope your legbar eggs are doing good

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by