INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I caught this little guy the other day. Isn't he so cute? I have never had any problems with coons. I rehomed him down by the creek.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    CCcc- hope the creek was at least 5 miles away!!! I took a master Gardener's class a couple of years ago. One of our Extension officer teachers had done a study while in collage, they caught raccoons all over Purdue and tagged them then relocated them. If its less than 5 miles they will return. You could've done a spot of spray paint on his tail to mark him then start the test!!;)

1 person likes this.
  4. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Kab- cool photo!!

So now it official... We all have to wear BYC name tags every time we leave the house so we don't keep missing each other!!;)

5. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana

:goodpost:

6. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    CCC...Chickens the racoon would be great for making Daniel Boone hats. If I only had the tools. When we first moved here We must have caught well over 10 of them and a few opossums too. One of the opossums was a mother. It is how I learned about their pouch. We still have the trap and but nothing in it in well over 3 yrs now. Road kill close by and even right in front of our property but nothing in the trap. I have little ones that like to "water" the area near the chickens and Dh helps too. The ammonia smell is supposed to help keep the animals away. I can't smell anything but maybe the animals can.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    ha. I would never do that though. I like racoons, possums and other rodents. He just happened to be in the live trap, so i took him to the crrek i am sure he likes it better there. A kot more trees and a better water source.

imthe creek was iver 5 miles away. I knew that he would come back i made sure it was before i dropped him off a few days ago.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I am diappointed that I am not going to be able to show any of AMs at lebanon this year. All but 2 adults are molting. The rooster that isnt molting would get DQ if I showed him and the hen is not very good quality. I do not like her body structure at all. My young ones growing up are not matured both LF and bantam. I would rather wait and have them looking really goid next year though.

9. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Maybe they'll be ready by the Connersville show?

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Is that in Decemeber? I have never been to it. I never even been to connersville lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by