INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Chhhhickens- sorry about your orloff :(.

On another note my EE seems much better. The swelling is down and she's walking normally. Crises averted!

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thanks. I am glad you EE is better!

3. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Awe thanks. Now if I can just get my necropsy results from my silkie that went down maybe I can relax a bit. I have a rooster and two hens waiting for the results before they are rehomed!

4. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    3 people like this.
  5. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
  6. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    My DH and I send each other all the "bad" CL listings!! One of my faves is guilding horse instead of gelding!! But we always find stupid ones

CCcc- sorry about your Orloff.

7. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Cuckoo morons is pretty good.... Laughing again lol

8. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Hey, folks, sorry I haven't been posting much here. Life's got me down at the moment. Luckily my girls are experts at chicken therapy. :) Anyway, at least I'm keeping up with posts so I don't have a billion to read. ;)

My little Cochin boy, Po, has become human aggressive so it looks like I'm back to an all-girl flock. The good news is now there's enough room for me to get some chicks next year! :D Still waiting on eggs from most of my little girls. Whiri lays like a champ, not much of a fuss from her. Roha and Rangi are getting close to POL, but Marama doesn't look like she's even close. The rest are about in the middle. I've seen squats from Whiri, Roha, Huka, and maybe Ihi and Marge as well. Those with Silkies, about when should I expect eggs from my little Margie? She's 23-25 weeks old, so about 6 months old.

Also, on the talk about turkeys a few pages back, whoever posted that link to the turkey site--enabler! :rant :lol: How do turkeys do in a flock with chickens? Do the toms become human aggressive and can they be a danger to chicken hens? Also, how much space do they need? (Oh, no, now I'm going to need another coop..!)

9. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
  10. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

Racin - glad all your turkeys + chickens were all well & accounted for
    Ccccccchickens - so sorry of the loss of your orloff .
    we had our 2nd loss about a week ago - a neighbor around the corner (1/2 mile away) had his 2 dogs get loose & of course they thought it would be a fun toy to play with - every tail feather was gone - we treated some of the bite wounds, but she died 2 hours later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by