INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Ha! I thought I was the only one with the post-it idea. Been away this last weekend, so many posts to read!

We went back to the 1500s, at the Ren Festival in Ohio. My 8 year old son loved the jousting.

2. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    I couldn't agree more. My parents would have had my hide. They were serious about taking responsibility for the creatures you brought home. And when I got my first job at a kennel I would never have dreamed of leaving things half done. It was a lot harder that filling a few water containers.

3. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    I was very tempted to offer our place for a fall gathering. However, when we built our house we also added an attached apartment for my folks so we could help my dad take care of my mom who has dementia. Recently it's become harder for her to deal with lots of visitors around as her condition progresses, so for now it's best to withhold an invite here. We certainly would be open to it in the future as we are able.

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

5. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    Thank you! It's especially stressful for my Dad -- the last few weeks have been particularly bad & he's started the process for some Adult Day Care services. Don't know what kind of insurance coverage there is with Medicare for dementia -- hopefully something to help with what will soon become more expensive care. My daughter (almost 15) can remember Grandma before when she was "normal", but my son (12 y.o.) doesn't really remember her before the dementia started kicking in. It kinda feels like you've lost your parent -- certainly the parent you grew up knowing. It started fairly early for her -- in her mid 60's. I always think about it whenever I can't remember something & hope it's not hereditary!

6. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good morning everybody! It's fllippin' cold outside!
    I went out and checked on my girls. Snow was less than pleased that Ashes was running around her side of the coop trying to find a way out. [​IMG]No attacks, just a very serious puffing up and growling. [​IMG] So I let Ashes out with the others for their morning grazing.
    I went to check on the babies and momma Lavender and let everyone else out of the main coop, the main flock all came into the barn as usual to check out the little family [​IMG], and irritate Lavender as she tried to contain her children and pleaded for them to get under her in the presence of the rest of the flock. [​IMG]The kids weren't having it. Bouncing around like hot popcorn kernels scratching eating playing, not a care in the world.[​IMG] Little Chance right there with them. He is doing great! I ushered the rest of the flock out of the barn, and went back out to check the silkies.
    Snow was panicking. I completely forgot she gets up with the flock to dust bathe and eat in the morning. I took her out and stayed until she was done. Wet grass + silkie = one strange looking porcupine. [​IMG]I put her back in the coop with her eggs ( after I figured out which one she was since after getting their heads wet, I couldn't tell who was who[​IMG] ) She ate some food and went right back to her nest. Wet feet and all. I hope that doesn't screw anything up. [​IMG] I'm also glad I chose the right silkie to put back with the eggs. It was a crap shoot. Maybe leg bands are in order. I put a plastic bucket where Ashes tried to brood yesterday. I think it is best to just break her and not chance it this close to hatch. Hopefully Snow will be able to handle the load of eggs she is sitting on come hatch this week. Thanks all for your great advice and Input![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    they are adorable little things...but even I know they aren't cochins!

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    It's been fun watching all your histrionics. Cuter than a speckled pup in a little red wagon.

John

10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not sure what to say about that. Thank you? [​IMG] Happy to give you some entertainment John. Round two starts this week. I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats. [​IMG]Ha!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by