INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. HappyHappyHappy

HappyHappyHappy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2013
    hour North of Indy
    THe other reason why i think that the EE rooster is the father of that chick is because it is yellow.. my other rooster is a Barred Rock so i assume all chicks would come out either black or barred??

Also, since the peeping started this morning, I now have 4 hens that decide they want to go broody ..I may have set a bad example here they are trying to set up a mommy's Club on me. One of the other black ones ( Jersey Giant Or Astralorp unsure) has been broody for about a week now. I cant stop her so i am going to give her some eggs Sunday... I hope i find some at the show. Please be hatching egs at the show [​IMG] The Others i am going to have to try and discourage from broodiness. cant have all my nesting boxes full of broodies.. Eggs have to be laid somewhere because I like Breakfast..

Jeez this is bad.. Before i know it I am going to have 200 acres of chicken coops.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Does the door fit your biggest chickens OK? I was told to make 14" x 18" nesting boxes for the BOs I'm getting. Will these fluffy butts fit through the door?

3. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Kabhyper - I feel as if I have lost a chick of my own after following right along with you and mama hen through pre-natal jitters, birth questions and post-partum worries. So sorry for your little white silky and so glad the two blue ones are doing well.

Racinchickins - I'm sorry for your dark brahma. What a sad way to go.

Julie0477 - Too bad about your stubborn little ducks. Theirs should be a cautionary tale repeated to other naughty poultry.

4. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Congrats on the hatch. Looks like you have the mommy's club now, the other girls want to get in on the action lol. Chicken math even strikes the girls!

5. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    Morning all

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    nit all breeds have little stubbles on their faces. My oegbs do. Trust me my birds are not tht great but i wanted to enter something and make them look the best i can. they are bot what i was hoiping to enter. nut you get what you get

7. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

8. FarkerFarms

FarkerFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana
    I have the Ador1 chicken door. It is pretty fantastic! I don't have any BOs so I am not sure how large they are, but I have some pretty large Barred Rocks and they fit through just fine. I love that it runs off a lantern battery so I don't have to worry about power outages. I also like that the light sensor is based off of a 5 minute average light level, that means if headlights or flashlight beams hit the sensor for a second the door won't fly open. I haven't had any issues with chickens getting locked out and I left it on the factory settings. I haven't used the 'last call' feature, I haven't needed to. It is pretty dark by the time it closes and my ladies have always been "in bed" at least 30 minutes prior to the door shutting. I did have to wait 2.5 weeks before I got it, that was a bit annoying since I sure got charged for it right away (isn't that how it always works). It was also really easy to install. Two thumbs up for the Ador1! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
  10. FarkerFarms

FarkerFarms Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by