INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

. . . . & our EE cockrel - he has different color patterns on either side:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

As of 7pm we are hearing at least three sets of peeps coming from under the silkie. I am going to wait until tomorrow to see how things are going. Momma is doing pretty well so far.

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    congrats.

Well my shipped eggs are not lost after all. It turns out the chickens have stopped laying for the year. I feel bad for all the mean thoughts I was having towards the PO. Still they have messed me over a few times so I don't feel too bad.

4. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Boo. What kind of eggs did you order?

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I am so mad right now. My mom found homes for a few of my dogs puppies a little over a week ago. They insured us that they were going to a good home. A few days ago the guys wife posted them for sale for $250! They are mutts! No one is going to pay $250 for a dog that is mixed with so many breeds it is funny. they are trying to say they are bulloxers. Thats not even a breed of dog! Tonight I get on the farm and garden section today and their they are again, but this time for $150. Why do people have to be so stupid? If they werent going to give them a good home, Why would they have took them and try to make a profit on them? I am even more frustrated since they took my 2 favorite puppies. I would of never guessed the people to have done something like this, the husband was really nice, the wife I didnt like so much. to make matters worse the husband is my step-dads boss. Guess who is getting a phone call tomorrow. Mom is going to handle the phone call, I dont think I would be very pleasant to talk to. Hopefully we can get the puppies back and find good homes for them. I know not chicken related but I need to rant.

7. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    That's how it works, either from the backs of vans or trucks or with pens set up. Last year the sale area at Lebanon was in a covered pavilion rather than inside a building, so I decided I can shiver at my truck just as well and not have to transfer the birds. There weren't too many set up outside at Bloomington this time, so you might not have noticed them.

8. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Ha ha! I can just picture a pile of sleeping chicks heaped up against the door. Probably be just my luck to have the same thing happen with our birds! Thanks for the offer of help! You undoubtedly will be hearing from me!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    When I set up my auto door, I had to lift the door manually and toss each of the younger birds in for quite a few nights before they caught on. Takes patience. I set the alarm on my phone to remind me.

Toodlesmom described it perfectly. A heap of sleeping birds piled up against the closed door.

John

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  10. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    When I was researching coop pop doors, I came across the Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door. They sell a solar converter for an additional price. I don't know whether it could be used to convert your existing door, but you might want to take a look at it. http://www.chickendoors.com/products.htm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by