INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Aw! Too bad!

2. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    iamfivewire~ After I read your post, I remembered someone who ordered another breed, but ended up with Iowa Blues, so I went through a billion posts because it was bugging me who that was-- and it was you! [​IMG] Geez. Anyway, they are very pretty and sweet looking. Your chanticler is very soft and beautiful, but it's hard to beat a rooster's plumage, and your EE cockerel is stunning. That's interesting that his pattern is different on each side. He might be able to trick the ladies into thinking that he is actually two different "suitors." [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by kabhyper1 [​IMG]
    As of 7pm we are hearing at least three sets of peeps coming from under the silkie. I am going to wait until tomorrow to see how things are going. Momma is doing pretty well so far.
    kabhyper~ My, you sound like a calm, experienced broody hen owner-- You're going to actually sleep tonight! Good luck with the next hatch. [​IMG]
    CCCHICKENS~ That is terrible about the puppies! People can be so ignorant. Btw, you know we can all talk/vent about non-chicken related subjects!
    jchny~ How are Mr. and Miss Bourbon Red Turkey doing?
    bradselig~ It seems more likely that if the eggs came from different states that it has more to do with the place that sent them. However, I don't know all the details . . . I am sorry to hear about your HBR eggs. [​IMG]

3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG] Hi guys! Playing catchup again, have an event taking place here with my dad.
    He has finally agreed to his heart surgery. We will know more in November, but he told us at dinner last weekend.
    My parents have been married 53 years.
    This is pretty scary but the other option is do nothing, giving him little time left with us. He needs a valve replaced.
    He is 79, will be 80 in January. The surgery is pretty invasive.
    He also had bypasses done in the mid 80s and they have to be worked on too.
    So, it will be an open-heart process. Needless to say I won't be around much [​IMG]
    I am reducing my flocks drastically so I can still provide proper care for them too.
    Am trying to find transport for moms dialysis, with a reputable company.
    If she feels uncomfortable with them at all, then it just will have to be me.
    Everything else I can work out, but the 5 hours 3 days a week will make it very difficult with Dad needing care too.
    I may have to drop Mom off, and go back home to care for Dad.
    Going to do more searches tonight and hopefully find someone.
    Am off to catch up! Hope everyone is well.

1 person likes this.
  4. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG]Welcome, glad you joined our thread!
    How exciting, sending good vibes! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Welcome, and glad you've joined us!
    [​IMG]Good to see you back!

[​IMG] Hehe! we won't tell [​IMG] welcome to the thread!

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Congrats! Just think, you will have all day thursday to enjoy the new babies!

6. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I am so sorry [​IMG] I know how heartbreaking that is.

7. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Lovely birds!

8. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! They are wonderful too! I have a frizzled girl who follows me around and jumps to my arm or lap every chance she gets..the adult roo will come to me when called at night so I can put him in the coop..too cute!

Glad to hear Dad has decided on the surgery. Wishing you all the best thru the trying times and don't hesitate to ask for help. Sometimes that's harder for some to do! Let us know how we can help!
    Sincerely
    Mandy

9. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

10. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

O and BTW..I've wanted to make a go at the FF but for some reason I'm sooo intimidated! Lol...read and read some more about it but...just not sure..sigh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by