INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

2. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay thanks. I haven't looked in there for a few hours. I'm going to leave her be. It's 48 degrees and raining here, so I was concerned about that. I hope the babies get good coverage drying off while the others are hatching.

3. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Newbie question - How does outside sales work? Do people just have their birds in their vehicles and you walk around to see them? I went to Bloomington a little while ago, but didn't realize this was going on.

4. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN

I haven't researched this specifically, but John is right. for something like the door/timer, it shouldn't be too difficult or expensive to work out since you aren't talking much power.

A heating unit is a bird of a different feather. We are talking more power, which means more solar collectors, more batteries, etc...result being more money.

I'm not at the point of needing this yet, but once the winter/breeding pens are completed, I'll have 5+ doors that will need to be managed. It would be a good project to get my feet wet with solar electric. Sounds like something to do during winter......

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    My best friend is going there too! She is leaving tomorrow

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have a black ameraucana pair that I am wanting to get rid of. If you are interested let me know. They are healthy and everything. The rooster cannot be shown, he would get DQed because of his tail, the pullet could be shown but I would not,she isnt of the best quality, she is molting right now.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Last year their was a pavillion with cages of birds under it. i am not sure if the cages were provided or not. Some people just have them in the bed of their truck near the pavillion or in a little pen on the grass. There was a also someone who had a trailer selling rabbits out of the back of it.

8. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

mother2hens : the current avatar is of our silver penciled Iowa Blue (we are getting 2 more ullets & a cockrel sunday, but birchen color)
    Also we have one whit chantacler pullet

ellymae : our EEs arent breeding yet - maybe next year - prob a little young yet - our EE cockrel is a beauty tho

9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I want them. PM sent.

John

10. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

here is our white chanticler pullet : except that her comb is a bit bumpy, she could prob show quite well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by