INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    anyone?

2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

3. gunchief25

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    ok I guess I will just leave what ever eggs are under her today and let her do her thing. Thanks. [​IMG]

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    she might try taking eggs from other hens too so i would mark today's eggs and limit her to them since it sounds like you are not desiring a handful of chicks.

5. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    It is awfully hard to find reliable transportation for $1300, unless you have a grandmother giving up her car. That's what my kids did - twice. Usually a $1300 car has no muffler, has a bungee cord holding down the trunk lid, has a view of the highway between your feet, drinks oil thirstily, needs a new engine, and/or has the hood held down with a chain and lock. We have had that car, too. ;- )

1 person likes this.
  6. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    If you don't want chicks, then I would continue to remove them from her. I've had a good number of broodies and never let them hatch eggs. When I go out to collect eggs, I just toss them off the nest. They tend to go eat and drink and when I leave the coop and come back, they are right back in the nests box. About a month later, they are off the nest box and back to normal.

1 person likes this.
  7. gunchief25

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana

I will give it all some thought and maybe by the time I collect this evening I might just let her sit on a few. Might be fun for my 2 daughters to have a couple of baby chicks hatch.

8. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    Ugh its snowing! And some of my meaties won't stay in their yard, they keep flying over the fence, then they get cold and want back in. I should have put up a 4' fence. smh...

9. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    I'm excited. Went on a road trip last night to pick up a Sportsman cabinet incubator I found on CraigsList.

Now for the hard part. I need to keep telling myself:

I will NOT set any eggs until spring. I will NOT set any eggs until spring. I will NOT set any eggs until spring. Oooh look, eggs on ebay.[​IMG] I will NOT set any eggs until spring.........[​IMG]

(unless my CCLs start laying...[​IMG])

3 people like this.
  10. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by