INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

AATH and  Birdlady, how are your chickens doing?  How many do you have? 

And welcome, AATH.

Thanks. My chicks are doing great. My leghorn won't stop cheeping ( happy cheeps) and my red wont stop digging. Lol they keep me up a lot but its worth it.

AATH - As with most new chicken owners. You start out with so few, then later on you spend all your time trying to work out where you can put the new ones you just got.

AKA Chicken math
thumbsup.gif

Naptown chickens are an organization aiming to bring chicken knowledge of to the city. You can google them, they do have a website.

I meant to post this yesterday. So I have half the chicks in the new cage brooder in the garage. Sunday night was the first night. And because its colder again, I put the Millie's back in the garage too. They are under the brooder. Kind of a temporary cage. So I go out to feed yesterday and my Millie Roos is crowing his head off as normal, I get to the cage and the chicks are frieking out!!! Haven't heard a roo before!! It was soo funny. They did calm down of course. And I'm sure they will all start crowing young because they have a role model. But the looks in their eyes was a hoot!!

Rural - They tend to have them there often. I am sure this time of year people will be bringing in all sorts of new chicks. Not sure when they do the poultry, normally Fridays. Not sure if it closes down for the winter. My DH and I will be heading there in a month or so to buy for our fresh vegtables stand. Might be able to convince him to stay down there for the evening so we can see.

They has boxes of 50 straight run chicks selling for 25-50 cents. It is crazy!

Anything farm animal related, you can buy there from cows to potbellies to peacocks.

Rural - They tend to have them there often. I am sure this time of year people will be bringing in all sorts of new chicks. Not sure when they do the poultry, normally Fridays. Not sure if it closes down for the winter. My DH and I will be heading there in a month or so to buy for our fresh vegtables stand. Might be able to convince him to stay down there for the evening so we can see.

They has boxes of 50 straight run chicks selling for 25-50 cents. It is crazy!

Anything farm animal related, you can buy there from cows to potbellies to peacocks.
Sorry vickichicki but I missed what post you're responding to. I am really considering the peacock avenue..so interested in who "They" you're referring to? I recall reading about Naptown ... not sure if that's what you're replying to though.

Back
Top Bottom