INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sadly the other chick did not make it either [​IMG]
    Momma was sitting next to the chick trilling... walking off and coming back to sit by the chick. She did seem to be at a loss.
    It was quite obvious what happened to the chick, I will spare the details however it was accidental. They are such cumbersome birds I think regardless of the chick being a chicken versus a turkey would have yielded the same result.
    She did try hard and for the brief time was being such a good mother. I am hoping second time around she will be more careful.

I really appreciated your help on the chicks and I am sad to see it end up the way it did.

2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I'll just consider them boys and say they had a better life than most hatchery boys. Plus they served a good purpose of breaking your turkey form her broodiness.

3. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Wow nice selection.

Most of us have an assortment of birds rather than specific breeds. Glad to have you here with us. Hoping you too can share some insights to chicken keeping, a lot of us are still novices when it comes to chickens.

4. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I view both ways too. While I am sad to see they passed. They both enjoyed a mother and were being looked after.
    I was also glad to see she was off the nest and doing what she should with the remaining chick.
    Grieved by them not being around longer.

5. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    If i
    if I remember correctly I could tell my rooster apart at about six weeks because of the tail feathers... Or at least had a strong suspiscion. I am just curious. Can't wait to see what they turn out like!

6. 1crazychick

1crazychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Central-IN
    Hello! Is anyone interested in any Bantam Salmon Favorelle Roos?? Have three i recieved in a straight run. Very pretty and about 4 months old.

7. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the thread!

I know someone on here was mentioning Favorelles but I can not remember who.

Do you have any pictures of your guys?

8. MillerBirds

MillerBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Indiana

I just sold some and TooFast is really wanting to purchase some. Hopefully they can connect.

9. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    After googling pictures I am wondering if bantam cochins and favorelles would make cute babies....[​IMG]

10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    I just put the eggs in today after having to buy a new incubator yesterday and I'm doing dry incubation but the humidity is 45%. Is that ok or does it need to be lower ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by