INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    So other than actually watching them lay is there any way to tell exactly who is laying eggs? I've got at least 3 layers now but I'm not for sure who. I've got 12 pullets :)

2. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    One trick is rather gross but works it to paint their vent with different coloured food colouring.

Other than that, it will be the good old chicken T.V [​IMG]

3. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update... What do we think? Girls or boys?

4. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    When and where, exactly is the chicken fest? I was thinking 7/28 in Mooresville, but I can't find the posting.

Help!

John

5. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If you PM Racinchickens they will send you a full detailed PM of everything.

It is the 28th.

6. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    it's funny you say that. I was just stalking my hens today to figure out who's eggs I have in my incubator lol stalking is my preferred method ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    just got back from fishing vacation in minnesota. had a lot of fun. i dont think i have it in me to read over 400 posts from the week. hope all is ok around the hoosier forum. heard some storms went through when we were gone.[​IMG] kids had a great time. my girl loves fishing and could sit for hours. she caught a blue gill bigger than my hand from casting out to reeling in all by herself.

1 person likes this.
  8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    They have turned out nice! I love the Cochins. To me they all look like pullets. If only I had the issue all the time hatching lol.

9. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Here was my most recent hatch, 3 tolbunt polish and 2 crested legbars (pair). Not the best hatches, but got my money out of the eggs from the hatch. I can't complain about that!
    [​IMG]

Wednesday starts a week of lockdowns on the last eggs I plan on incubating this year. I have another half dozen of tolbunts, 2 dozen of legbars, and about 1.5 dozen rhodebars. Hoping to get a few more pullet legbars and Rhodebars and ill take any and all tolbunt that hatch lol. Then my bator will be turned off for the first time since mid February! Can't wait to see if my electric bill decreases!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  10. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    how exciting for him, and its good therapy for ADHD to have a hobby he enjoys. My nephew was a severe case, all the medicines they want to load our children up with is insane. I don't know of any home school'ers, but good luck on your search! I agree 100% keep him off that medicine if possible.

good luck, this has been a difficult year for many of us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by