INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    eggs are coming along. Tomorrow stars a week of hatching and rhodebar eggs are put in lockdown. Friday has another batch of rhodebars. I have one roo now and may keep one from these hatches. All rest ill be getting rid of. Depending on the number of pullets I may have some available as well. Ill let you know

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    they are impressive! Someone is selling supposedly pure ayam cemani hatching eggs however at the price they are selling for I highly doubt they are pure.

3. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    I came home yesterday afternoon to find these two hanging out together. My rooster Firecracker has taken in the new frizzle I acquired from a friend. Eating out of the same bowl and everything. He's such a big softy. :)

4. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    This is my frizzle and the little silkie/EE cross that came with them. They are a cute pair!

5. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Here is their info http://centralindianaorganics.com/about.htm. They are in Lebanon which isn't that close to me but its on our way to see family. I just get enough to last awhile.
    I love the Japanese Beetle idea. You have a lot more birds to feed than I do and they get more stuff from you outside of their food than mine so far. I'm still working on that.
    Pretty girl and hen!

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks!

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Your firecraker looks just like my Zien lol. execpt he looks a little bigger and has more arch in his tail

[​IMG]

This pic is from a few months ago. He is a little bigger now and his feathers look better. He had just dried off from getting wet even though it dosent looked like it rained in the pic.

8. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    In most breeds, birds that are about a year old do best. If your wanting to start with chicks I'd be buying them soon, or you could get started birds at the show

9. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

Cute kitty! Your pic is a little fuzzy to me but it looks like the tip of his/her ear is missing? If it looks like its been cut off (not jagged like from a fight) it means kitty has been neutered. It's a common practice to manage feral cat populations that way you're not trying to do surgery repeatedly on the same animal. :-D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Ok that explains the ear thing. I found another cat like that last year. There's always a lot of stray cats by my house. If they are friendly or not I give them food and water. I'm hoping she comes back today because I could feel her bones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by